1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearm Lockers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

What is everybody using for firearm storage. I have a Remington Express 16 gun with electronic lock. I have a couple others as well. 150-200 lb. category.
    I guess I need more. Any suggestions. Not wanting vault. Too heavy.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I usually store mine over in the closet and then put my Guarding Gnome there to keep them safe.

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

mine in the closet also.. wife guarding them... she is about 200 LOL.
    sorry couldnt resist. There is a safe company that makes a bolt together safe. I forget what it is called. If my closet didnt have a false wall i would get a safe.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

the heaviest toughest safe that you can bolt down to the floor and wall. Also put in a place where tough to get any leverage on it. If you watch It takes a theif. They have 2 episodes. 1 the just walk off with the gun locker. the cheep thin steel stack on one. The other was a heavy safe bolted to a garage floor. guess what? pulled it free with the car. Also consider any laws for storage. Liabilty comes into play if not stored by law.

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ya know ... just leave the safe in the garage so it is easy for them to steal and keep your guns in the closet inside the house. You can also leave the garage door open at times so the crooks that are casing your house can see the safe and know they dont have to go any farther than the garage.

Oh yeah ... put a bunch of concrete blocks in the safe so when they take it and ignore the rest of the house they think there is a hell of allot of good stuff inside it because it is so heavy.

6. jonese

jonese TS Member

I use a Fort Knox with a combination # 36- 38- 24

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

thiefs go through the entire house, trashing every room and closet. The good theifs know what they are looking for. its the lazy drugged local s^&* heads you got to keep out.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jonese, now I thought that it was 36DD-24-36. LOL LOL Break-em all. Jeff

9. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Bought a new safe years ago and it was 36-24-36. Duh, you think maybe they all do it? I changed it right away. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.