1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearm buying process in NV

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Saw those blue color paper cards in NV at gun shows, can some one from NV tell me what's the card for? and how NV residents obtain such a card? Thank you.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue about the blue cards Steve but buying a gun in NV is reasonably easy provided you are a NV resident and can pass the NCIS background check. Residents of connecting states can also buy guns with a bit more hassle. As far as gun shows go the 'gun show loop hole' doesn't exist here either. The same paper work and background checks apply when doing transfers with FFL holders. Other than that you are essentially buying from a private party which could be like buying out of someone's trunk for all you know. (not a smart thing to do)

3. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

The Blue card you're referring to tells me that the gun show must have been located in Clark County. Metro, the regional PD that has jurisdiction over all areas other than NLV, Henderson, Mesquite and Boulder City, requires a blue card registration for all handguns. If you buy from a dealer, you'll get the blue card at the time you purchase. If you buy from an out of state dealer or a private individual, you'll need to take the gun to a Metro substation and have them issue you a blue card. This does not replace the federal paper work it is in addition to. No charge for the blue card. You can't get a CCW in Clark Co. for a handgun that lacks a blue card and legally, not having a blue card is a criminal offense.

Its purpose? You answer that for yourself.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing the air for me.

Yes, it's in Las Vegas. I saw everyone holding a blue card at the FFL table to do the transfer.

So, the blue card is only needed for handgun purchase in Clark county, doesn't apply to shotguns?

5. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

No, long guns are only subject to the federal procedures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.