1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Wazman, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Wazman

Wazman Member

I have a bazillion Fiocchi clear hull shells. Question, are they worth reloading or do I pitch them? Someone told me they would require an oversize primer?

2. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Use a 616 fiocchi primer and load them and toss them.

3. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

And a straight wall wad too

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter

A guy at our club uses them for steel shot loads since the mg42 wad he uses is for a straight walled hull.

5. Sportshot2

Sportshot2 Active Member

They load fine if you have the right wad. I have some bulky Unique that I have been loading with Fio primer, Fio 27 wad, 23.0 gr of Unique and 1 oz of 8 1/2.

6 point precricrimp needed.

The load works great. Load twice and toss

6. shotgun52

shotgun52 Active Member

I load them using federal gold medal data using fio primers and claybuster 6118 wads with 18.0gr. of claydot powder. They loaded good and crushed targets from the 16 yd
    line. They are a little on the thin side so I loaded them 1 time and tossed them.

7. Wazman

Wazman Member

As a novice reloader I like the idea of the clear hull to visually see and verify the components have loaded correctly. Might not be as important using a single stage but sure would be a comfort factor on a progressive until you got it dialed in. I think I will give them a try. The hulls do feel soft and do not seem they would stand up to multiple reloads.

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

As a Fiocchi dealer...yes I reload a lot...I get a lot of empties from my club and customers who don't reload. I use them once or twice and pitch them. I use Green dot and a Down Range straight walled wad with 1 1/8 oz. of shot. They run through my ancient PW press very well and the newest Fiocchi 209/616 primers feed well. My chrono shows my load at 1165 fps and they are fine for singles and doubles. I also use this load for sporting clays and they function well through my Rem.1100 Comp gun.

Bob Schultz

9. moman3

moman3 Active Member

Covington Washington (South Seattle area)
    That is my primary hull for reloading. I load 1-ounce in a Claybuster CB6100, ~19-20 grains of Vectan's 'AS', or 206V, and a Rio G-600 primer. They load great, and have great "crimp memory". I love em !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    2llc thanked this.
  10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Find a good load for them, and then shoot and shoot and shoot them again!!! One's I've used and reloaded seem to last as well as my STS's.

11. barjr2478

barjr2478 Active Member

How do you keep the powder from migrating up around the hull? I use red dot with the same hull and wad and I probably have 30-40 flakes up around the wad. I don't see a flake around yours.

12. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

fiocchi.jpg

Only primer I use,

DGH

13. moman3

moman3 Active Member

Covington Washington (South Seattle area)
    For starters, Vectan's 'AS' powder is a square-flake powder, and I think that helps. It's also a "bigger" flake, and that helps as well.

Also, I use Vectan's Prima-V in that same hull and with the same wad, and as you may (or may not) know, Vectan's Prima-V is a "granular" powder, and is very dense and very fine. Yes, with Prima-V, you do get some "granules" on the "side" of the powder cup (but not up and over it). In any event, even with Vectan's Prima V in these clear Fiocchi hulls and Claybuster's CB-6100, the performance and "consistency" (in terms of EV and SD) are very respectful as illustrated here :

[​IMG]