1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi USA - Production in USA?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrskeet410, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Does Fiocchi have a shotgun ammo production facility in Arkansas, or anywhere in USA?

2. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

From their website FAQ:

Where are Fiocchi products made?

We have a manufacturing plant in Ozark, Missouri, where we load both shotshell and centerfire ammunition. We also import centerfire ammunition, reloading components, match grade rimfire ammunition and specialty/obsolete loads from our parent company in Italy. All products are loaded to either C.I.P. or SAAMI specifications.

--Dan

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They have one in Argentina, too for all the dove shooters. Unbelievable amounts of ammo expended there.

HM

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm trying ro figure what Fiocchi is doing with that production capacity in Mo. Not they long ago, Fiocchi had a nice market share, probably a comfortable #4 slot. Now I rarely see Fiocchi ammo used, nor even a Fiocchi hull laying about.

So I'm wondering if excess Fiocchi production capacity is being used to produce Remington Gun Clubs on an outsource basis. At one time, Gun Clubs were slack time production runs on Remington's Dove/Quail/light field ammo production lines. That's when you would see lots of Gun Clubs for sale for a while, then they would disappear for a few months. Now you see them all year long, and pallets of them in the big box stores. I have a hard time believing the Remington invested in additional production capacity to that.

Just a guess on my part. Does it make sense? Does anybody have any firm knowledge one way or the other?

BTW - I just learned ground zero in U.S. lead mining is in Mo. Interesting isn't it that Remington, Winchester, and Fiocchi all have ammo production facilities nearby?

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Just a word for safety--I've had quite a few Fiocchi primers recently without the covered flash holes. Makes little difference with my flake powder but if your using fine ball powders it could be dangerous if it sifts into the primers. I've witnessed one of these fired recently that when the pressure blew out to the rear of the primer the case rim rolled up and the case is pushed into the chamber, it was pushed about 3/8" into the chamber and it was heck to get out. Fortunatly, no damage done. It was loaded with PB powder. Watch your primers!

Big Jack

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Big Jake - Good info. Thank you. I've wondered about that.

I've had a few like that with Rio primers. None yet with Fiocchis. I use Alliant 410 and Universal Clays. Though they are not pure ball powders like the old Winchester stuff, they are relatively fine. I wondered how they might behave with an uncovered flash-hole, so I put those primers with uncovered flash-holes aside to be used with big-flaked Promo. It seems like I did the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.