1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Light Clay Target Loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim R, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Anyone shooting these loads? Are they made here in the US or over in Italy?

Jim R

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I shoot them quite often. Mine are made in Ozark,Missouri. Martinpicker

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have shot a bunch of the 'Shooting Dynamics' 1 Oz @ 1150 FpS loads. Great for singles. The one thing that may be a negative is ejection. They just don't pop out like they should. I think it has to do with the plastic tube part of the hull. It's not a deal buster as they aren't actually stuck in the gun.

When we bought our supply of this ammo about a year ago, the price was very attractive. These days I don't know if you can get any but they are worth a try if you find them. I think they are assembled in the USA but the hulls look like euro trash.

4. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Our club buys them by the truckload and we use them exclusively in the SCTP program.

They work fine in that respect...club shooting of recreational and relatively short yardage targets.

When the birds get long and math gets involved, I just can't get the things to pattern well no matter how I tweak it and the breaks get spotty. Once in awhile we'll have a primer back out and jam up a club gun. Also, they smell like someone set a urine soaked horse on fire. Do not whiff.

For the availability (I can get 'em) and the price ($55ish) it's the best game in town *right now.* It isn't otherwise on my radar when Universals, Top Guns, or Gun Clubs can be had.

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Funny but I never noticed the gross smell! Not like Wal-Mart Federals! I have had two or three misfires, (out of twenty flats,) but nothing else. Martinpicker

6. 3357

3357 Member

I have had issues with pierced primers in three different guns. The wad petals are stitched and do not open. I agree with sevenmarythree regarding using them at any handicap distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.