1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Moses, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moses

Moses TS Member

I am looking at a nice used BT100 for my wife and have been warned of the problems in lighting Fiocchi primers without multiple trigger group spring replacements during the season. Are all BT100's this sensitive to the hard cup? Would a new BT99 be a better choice? Thanks

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Not sure where that came from!? I am on my third or 4 th 5000 and have shot them out of two Lguns, two different Beretta combos and 1 Seitz and I have not had my first mis fire or what you speak of?! Tom Rhoads

3. Moses

Moses TS Member

The reported problems lighting the Fiocchi are coming from BT100 users only as far as I have heard. Most of the guys I hear from merely change springs a couple times a year. The local guys that have reported this issue have gone to different primers which I don't feel like doing since I have the Fiocchi's always available and affordable. I personally have no problems with them in my gun either. Thanks

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm just starting to experiment with the Fiocchi primers, been putting them through Brownings and Berettas with no problems. Good hits not breaking through as I've heard of some Cheddites but, I feel these are very ioslated issues. The word on the street has been pretty good about the Fiocchi and Cheddites as far as I've heard. I wouldn't let what you have heard stop me. I can't say I heard anything real good about the Rio's. But some guys on here swear by them. I'm pretty much a Winchester 209 die-hard and probably will remain one.

5. JRW

JRW Member

I have loaded countless Fiocchi primers. Have not had any problems im my brownings or K-guns. Jerry

6. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I use nothing but Fiocchi primers in my BT100no problem>>>>

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Just make sure the primers are properly seated so they don't run away from the firing pin.

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Have you noticed that the Fiocchi primers are a little bit bigger around near the top??? Does make them fit into Reo hulls just fine, but are they a very little bit tight in Remington hulls?? I sure like the looks of them. the beav

9. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I shoot about 40,000 targets per year (practice and registered). My wife does the same. I use a BT-100 (release trigger), she uses a BT-99 for singles, and we both use a Browning XT for doubles. The only problems I've had with Fiochi 616 primers is in 7/8 oz loads in the winter. The fiochi's are too "cool" a primer to get the pressures high enough to sustain a consistent burn rate in cold (less than 40 F). I've been using fiochis for about 3 years. Bob K

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

beav, I would agree about the fit in the Remington hulls. but they reload fine and seat properly for me. Couldn't say yah or nah about them in Rio Hulls because i don't shoot or reload Rios.

I have my hulls seperated and stored by condition and or brand. I've used the Fiocchi primers in shells that I've been shooting Wobble, 5-Stand and Sporting with because they are hulls that I don't care if I get them back for reloading. These hulls are in their final reload stage and pocket size at that point doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm gonna reload more of them for this purpose to save a bit of cash or if I reload some of the steel base Gun Clubs that I could care less about getting back or reloading.

11. JRW

JRW Member

Anyone know where I can find them in MI. Jerry

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

These primers are fine as long as you KEEP using them. Problem comes when you run out of them and try to use Feds,Wins or CCI's. Primer pocket is too big after these Frickin F's. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are fiocchi primers too big