1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HDKING, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDKING

HDKING TS Member

I have been reloading using w209 primers and have run across a good supply of fiocchi primers, has any body switched over and seen any difference in there reloads , Thanks for any replys

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

I changed 3 years ago and have had no problems at all.

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

i don't like them with slow burning powder

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I use thousands of them. They enlarge the primer hole and you can't go back to using some other primers. Just keep them separated and use Fiocchis until they are ready to throw out. Mark

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I tried them and had really bad results. The anvil in the primers is a very hard steel, and they would often fail to fire in my MX3 Special, even after being hit pretty hard. Would "sometimes" fire the second time I tried, sometimes not. I used them with Promo powder, and had too many weak sounding loads to be confident in them. Got rid of them and went back to Cheddites for singles and doubles, and Federal 209A's for handicap. Never a problem with them, no matter what the temperature or brand of powder I use. I, personally, just don't like them at all.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have shot 5 or 6 thousand using Clay dot and Green dot, no trouble. Good primer.

7. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Wish we had a good supply around here. Hey Corey you shooting spokane next weekend?

8. jalu

jalu Member

My reloading log book shows that we have reloaded 45,000+ Fiocchi primers with four shells that failed to fire. All of them loaded behind Red Dot on a Dillon SL900.

9. Proofdoubles

Proofdoubles Member

Once you use Fiocchi you can never go back but why would you want to?

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I've reloaded 1,000s of Fiocchi with a Green Dot load in Remington hulls and have never looked back. Not one fail to fire. I've also reloaded 1000's of Winchester hulls with Cheddites and Clays, again without issues. I'll never go back to Winchester 209s. When Winchester Primers dried up back a few years ago I switched over and never looked back. It looks like the Winchester Primers are drying up again, oh well.

11. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have been using Fiocchis in AA hulls with Clays or Clay Dot in 24gm and 28 gm loads without any issues in Spolar Hydraulic (24gm) and MEC 9000E (28gm). Switched from Win 209s when they became hard to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.