1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fiocchi primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brady509, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

I have been using Fiocchi primers for sometime now. I've been told that once I use them I have to stick with them. Is this true? Something about they are .001 to .002 larger which creates a larger primer pocket.

Thanks for the read,

Brady Gies

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

this is true. I use Fiocchi primers and nothing but fiocchi primers. they are slightly larger than the american primers but you can use euro primers like Rio's because they are also large primers. BYG

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

4. t7731

t7731 Member

They are a few thousandths of an inch bigger, however I have not found this to be that huge of a deal. I load fiocchi primers almost exclusively. A friend recently gave me 800 CCI primers and I loaded them in some hulls that I had used with fiochhis in with no problems.

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

They don't really appear to be larger per se, but they don't taper. They are more parallel on the body of the primer. They will hold in the Rio and Wolf hulls if you want to load them as a one and done load for sporting clays.

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Only issue that I had was if I used them in an auto, then went back to Rem primers which are smaller. It threw some of them out into action because of loose fit?

7. C-Money

C-Money Member

Hey Brady, I have been using them for a long time now. No need to go back to another primer. use them with confidence!

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

True; I also mic these primers and I measured .002 larger than Reminton 209P primers. This should not be a show-stopper as the FIO primers are excellent in quality. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.