1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi primers in Rio cases... any problem?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

IIRC, these primers are a loose fit in Rio and Diana hulls. Use the Rio.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Rio primers are larger in diameter than the Fiocchi, so using a standard sized primer like the Fiocchi 616 in a hull that was previously loaded with a larger primer can cause several issues due to the loose fit. If the shell is fired in an auto or pump and the primer falls out of the pocket, it can jam the gun or even cause damage if it falls in the wrong/right place. The primers could also "leak" causing hot gases to leak through to erode the breachface or even enough to reach the shooters face. If your firing pins or other breachparts are made of titanium, they can be destroyed by those hot gases. I'd seriously advise that you not do it. The Rio or Nobel Sport primers are oversized and should be a good fit if you insist on reloading thse hulls. I just won't consider loading any hull manufactured by UEE (RIO, Kemen, etc.). I have seen too many of those hulls with a migrated base wad to think it was an isolated incident. You can do a search for previous threads, since I have posted pictures, etc. The manufacturer wasn't really concerned when they were contacted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi primer nashville tenn