1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi Primer missfire???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goosecall, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Last fall I had some misfires on the bottom barrel of Browning Xt using Fiocchi primers in Top gun or Esstate hulls. Today I had one misfire with a BT100, using a AA hull, and the firing pin left a small dent. On the second attempt it fired. Today I had two or three misfires on the bottom barrel of Browning Citori Sporting Clays gun. I put the shell on the top barrel and they fired. I noticed that the force to seat the primer on Top gun or Estate hulls made the base concave a bit. I noticed that some of the AA hulls the primer was sticking out a bit. I have never had this problem while using Fiocchi hulls. I am using a PW 800 + press. 10tenner

2. scott k

scott k TS Member

i have 4 xt's that all do the samething using any primer or hull.

scott

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

10tenner, the only problems seen at different clubs with Fiocci primers seem to have a common denominator, Brownings [they are great guns by the way] a friend of mine seems to have solved both of his Browning's problems by installing new new springs, hope this helps, incinerate em!

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

clean the firing pin/hole/passageway???
    It is not that hard to do if you have any mechanical ability. I had the same problem on my XT, cleaned it and no issue since? Of course it could also be some of the above issues. Never a bad idea to open her up and clean etc.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My last batch of Fiocchi primers was pretty hard. They fire ok in my 1100, but I have problems with them in my Citori and 90T. I have to assume the cup is a little less cutile, and needs a harder hit to ignite the primer.

It's borderline, about 2 misfires per 25.

HM

6. Dutchboy

Dutchboy TS Member

Browning 0/u's, Fiocchi's and Mec Progressives seem to be the common thread. The Fiocchi primer has a flatter top and straighter sides than the domestic primers. In the Mec priming stations, there is enough slop that the top of the primer can misalign and hang up before snapping into the hull. When it does, it concaves the hull just enough for the bottom pin in a Browning to fail to reach it properly. It seems especially bad with the hydraulics. AA's seem particularly susceptible. Haven't had any trouble with STS/Nitro/Gunclub hulls. HTH, Dutch.

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have loaded 50,000 Fiocchi primers with out a misfire in a 90-T, 3200, TMX, several TM-1's, and Model 12. I believe it must be the reloader. I use a "The Grand" by RCBS. FD

8. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Primer seating seems to be the biggest issue with the Fiocchis, especially with Browning O/Us. The way the lower pin strikes, kind of at an angle, it doesn't generate enough force to fire off the primer. Easing back on the primer/powder drop tube on your MEC should help a little.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Noble Sports, almost bought Fiocchis glad I didn't now. No problems at all with Chedditie or Rem or Wins. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi misfire

fiocchi primers problem browning firing pin

steel trap misfire