1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi Premium Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LI, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LI

LI TS Member

We have some premium trap ammo (VIP) coming into our area and are wondering how it compares overall to AA, STS, etc. Thanks, Larry

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Larry I shot at Ben Avery this past weekend and they were giving Fiocchi away as prizes. I shot some and I think they are great. I shot the 3 dram 8 from the 27 and they broke the target good. The recoil was no more than the AAs or the STS shells. I bought some to shoot this coming weekend and if they treat me good will shoot them at the state shoot. They cost 60 a flat tax in. If Bob is going to bring them in I will take 50 flats. Trevor Dawe.

3. PODO

PODO TS Member

Rattler - which Fiocchi shell were you using? - It must not have been their papers for that price - if it was that was a great price -TOM

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

Tom I wish it was a paper. It was a plastic hull blue in color. 1200 FPM. Even at 60 a flat tax in at a gun club I do not think that is a bad price. Trevor Dawe.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Fiocchi makes good shells. Made in Ozark, MO. We used to sell them at our club.

6. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Can't say enough good thinks about Terry, Lori and the gang at Fiocchi!

They support our FFA SCTP Team (over 100 flats so far this year) as well as half a dozen or more Youth Teams here in the area with reduced price deals on shells. I don't think many of our kids could participate without their assistance.

As for the shells, I can not remember ever having a dud and we have been using them since my kid joined the team three years ago. He shoots their 12SD1H8 which are 1oz of 8's @ 1200 for everything (and has several 100's as well as made the state team with them).

Good people, Good shells and they support the youth shooters around here!

7. LI

LI TS Member

Trev, Should have some more info. by the time I see you next week. Larry

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have never shot their trap loads but their hunting loads are the best of the best and I have reloaded the hulls so many times I couldn't tell you

9. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Maybe I have a bad batch of papers? Once fired, they have a soft seam and in some cases a soft spot down low. If you reload these once, they split.

Anyone have better luck with them?
    regards

10. PODO

PODO TS Member

Bruce - I have had the same problem with the papers - one reload and the paper starts split or tear - but then I only get two good reloads out of my Federal papers before they start to break down - will do a third reload and only shoot in a break open gun then discard - TOM

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Larry,
    Would there be any 1 oz. 8's available? Price?
    Thanks Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are fiocchi 12sd1h8 hulls any good for reloading
once fired fiocchi 12sd1h8 hulls for reloading

premium trap shot shells

which hull is used fiocchi 12sd1h8