1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiocchi hulls anyone loading them?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Toss 'em!! They have a seperate base wad that can and does migrate up the hull. I loaded some a few years ago until I picked up a once fired one that had the base wad all the way up in the case mouth....they all went to the dump!! Your and your squad mates' health and your gun aren't worth the few cents you save using them!!!

Ken Rucker

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Could happen I guess but not any bad ones so far.(knock on wood) I only use them for Balistic spreader wads. Three or four times and the mouth starts cracking. GOOD LUCK

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

ruck:

I've noticed base wad migrations with the RIO hull and some of the Kemen, Wolf, White Gold, and Mirage hulls. I have not seen it in the Fiocchi hulls yet, but that does not mean it can't happen. They are pretty much the same type of construction and are a "Cheddite" style hull. The base wads appear to migrate on the first firing with factory loaded shells. I don't shoot the RIO or similar shells for that reason. I have not yet seen a base wad leave the hull, but it is a possibility that I don't wish to experience.

Here's a quick photo of one that I sectioned.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Any of the purple Fiocchi hulls are reloadable. Data can be found on Alliant's web site, or Hodgdon's. If using Ballistics Specialties reloading data, use the data for the 7mm basewad height. Hull works best with European wads designed for straight walled hulls. Federal wads work in a pinch. Best wads are Gualandi Spark for 1oz and BP Z21 18mm for 1 1/8oz.

BTW, when I used these hulls, I always checked to make sure the barrel was clear before loading a new round. Never had a problem.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

clay crusher:

Almost all of them are reloadable, if they are in good shape. The results you get might not be what you expected, however. The papers seem useless. Using the proper wads, I have reloaded the Fiocchi hulls a couple of times before tossing them. I almost always inspect the basewad/interior of the hulls first, and that goes for ALL types of hulls that I load. There's a lot of data out there for them.

I'll agree with PBB. I use a lot of the cheaper Remington hulls and have had excellent results with them. I just don't like to see a hull go to the landfill unless it's been used a few times.

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

i love my gun club hulls. I get about 6-8 reloads on them before the crimps start to crack.

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

i love my gun club hulls. I get about 6-8 reloads on them before the crimps start to crack.

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike, I only reload Remington STS hulls now, and an occasional Gun Glub. Watch out for those remaining Gold Medal hulls if you decide to reload them. Even though they are billed as one-piece hulls, they are not. The basewad is "welded" into a straight walled hull. I had one come loose, not out, just loose, and I tossed the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi shooting dynamics hulls reloadable

active load data in a fiocchi hull

are fiocchi shooting dynamics hulls reloadable

fioccchi 7mm hull

fiocchi hull types