1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Findlay UCOA Spring Trap League

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Jeb2700, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

The Findlay Ohio UCOA Spring Trap League will be starting on April 2nd. This is a Tuesday evening league that will last for 6 weeks ,traps open at 3:00 PM and will be open till all teams have shot.
    The skeet fields will also be open for anyone looking to practice skeet on these nights.(Also don't forget the club is open to the public every Thursday and Friday for Trap and Skeet shooting.)Thanks and we hope to see you there.
    Joel Brown

2. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

What is the total cost per week?

3. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Total cost per week is $70.00 per team or $14.00 per shooter .Optional costs are Lewis Class $5.00,Draw-pot $1.00 and Jackpot $1.00 . Teams or individuals can pay in advance or weekly their choice.Thanks for the qustion,JEB

4. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

We will have two teams coming & maybe a 3rd but hard for some of those workers to shoot every week

We will be there at our usual time---between 5:30 & 6:00

Thanks for the cost update---I will make sure the wife has the money ready for me each week!

5. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Let the guys that are working know that we can work with them by shooting ahead or makeups etc. on Thurs. or Fri. nights . Thanks JEB

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Joel, we will have a team. Did you guys get a new trap machine in the south house?
    Doug Allison

7. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Doug. Joel & I have convinced Steve to get on here
    Please encourage him at U C O A spring league. Clair

8. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Clair, do you know if UCOA ever got the new trap or still working on the old one? Glenn Allison

9. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Glenn,

I just asked Robbie and he said they didn't get a new trap but, both are working.

Brian

10. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Brian, thanks for the info! You and your boys going to shoot?
    Doug Allison

11. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Hi Doug, The boys are.

Brian

12. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Glenn, I saw the answer about the UCOA trap so did not ask Joel
    Looking forward to seeing all teams there next Tuesday

13. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Sorry fellas ,I was out of the loop for a few days.The trap machine in question has been repaired, and has been working flawlessly. I have personally shot at least 600 rounds off of it in the last month,and have had no problems whatsoever.
    Looking forward to getting started , See you there April 2nd. Joel Brown

14. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

15. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Joel, that is great news. The leagues in the area experienced big attendance numbers this winter. You were at Fostoria (18 teams?) and Carey had around the same number of shooters at the same time on Sunday mornings. Sycamore had around 15 teams on Thursday night for the same six weeks. These were the highest numbers I have seen in Carey and Sycamore since I have been shooting. I hope that Findlay UCOA has the same success. I made an announcement at the Sycamore awards meeting about UCOA's league starting.
    See you there,
    Doug Allison

16. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Doug can someone get the UCOA spring league dates to the Carey teams? I did not realize they also had 18 teams which is good news

Maybe you could post a sign in your store?

Saw Mick today & UCOA just bought 5 new speakers & made up 5 new speaker wires
    Hoping for more teams
    Our team will not be there until at least 5:45 so will not see you very often until the last shoot

Beagle owner

17. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Clair, I will spread the word here in town. I was told the spring league was discussed at Carey's league shoot, but as with the Fostoria league they are done shooting. It is good to hear that Mick and the boys at UCOA are working hard to get those targets in the air. We should be getting at UCOA at about the same time, around 6pm. Your squad should shoot in front of us so that we can see how it is done.

Joel, did you guys at UCOA give any consideration to a dry erase board to show the shooters scores? Carey did one again this year and the shooters really liked seeing it so they could SEE where they stood individually and as a team. I know UCOA did have one that hung from the ceiling and the brackets where there the last time we shot league.

Doug Allison

18. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Doug, When you made that suggestion last year I thought it was a great idea.I am currently working on this right now.How big was the one that Carey used ??? Its good to here from you guys and we really appreciate the support.Joel Brown

19. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Joel, Carey uses big boards that are attached to the wall. They had to add another board to accommodate all the shooters. I would guess that they are 4' x 6' boards and they have 4 boards. I have to work Sundays so I didn't shoot the Carey League, but we went out to the club for the Friday fun shoot and looked at the board. It always had a couple guys in front of it discussing the numbers on display. Dad had 290 out of 300 for top gun. The Carey league went with 3 yards, 2 yards, and 1 yard since they had so many teams. The max hcp yardage was 26 and a couple teams ending up having their 16 yard targets backed up too.
    Doug Allison

20. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Doug,Thanks for the information,Not sure what I'm going to do about the boards yet.Sounds to me like your dad is going to have to shoot left handed and blindfolded at UCOA just to give everyone else a shot.Don't forget the club will be open Thursday and Friday evening for open trap and skeet shooting .Dust off one of those double autos and see how they work for skeet.See you there.Joel Brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap and skeet league findlay ohio

trap and skeet near findlay ohio

ucoa findlay ohio