1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a stock builder or used stock for a LH bt9

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have been watching for a LH stock for my sons BT for a long time. I found a LH stock for my Perazzi easier than finding one for his gun! This puzzles me as I would assume there are a TON more BT's out there than P guns. Anyway, I have all but givin up on finding one used here on TS so am looking for more options.
    Where do I look for stocks for this thing that are not going to cost a arm and a leg? ideas?

My goal would be to find a used one but that just isnt working out and he is currently shooting this thing that really doesnt fit him.

2. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

it would be cheaper to put,an adjustable comb on urself or have someone do it if you don't have a band saw.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Have the stock bent and put on an adjustable butt plate and an adjustable comb. Then it can be fitted to him properly with every possible adjustment, depending in the parts you install.

4. revbook

revbook Member

Speak with TRON

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have owned 30 BT99's and looked at numerous BT's over the last 42 years. In all that time I have seen only 1 BT99 with left hand cast. What I use to do is have the stock bent to the left, usually cost less than $100.00, and than I would tell the same guy bending the stock to put an adjustable comb on the stock after he bent it to the left.

I have never been able to place an adjustable stock on a right hand stock without being hit by the ridge on the stock because it was pushed over to the left so much.

Being left handed, I would highly recommend start by bending the stock left, than have an adjustable comb done. In my opinion, that was the most comfortable way to shoot being left handed.

Good luck,
    Steve Balistreri

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

The only left hand stock for a BT will be custom made. Factory stocks will be neutral, have never seen one with cast. Like Senior Smoke says, adjustable comb won't work if you need cast.

7. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Factory ones are cast slightly for RH. I was hoping to find a LH palm swell stock as well but like you guys are saying I may be just stuck with whats on the gun and re-working it.

8. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

i saw a shooter that was
    a left handed shooter he sanded the stock to fit his face.. i don't know if that's something you would wanna do since he is probably going to grow fast

9. Adam54

Adam54 Member

Dennis devault he could help I think that is what I am going to do being a left handed shooter and also just having a moneymaker adjustable rib put on my BT 99. I'm not sure about wenig laminated stock sets and how much they would charge u to make one for your son as well

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Tim, if you need more pics let me know.

11. trufan

trufan Member

Hey Whiz Bang! Why don't you just let him shoot your P gun? It's left handed and he shoots it pretty well if I remember right..... ; )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.