1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finbear rifle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what a Finbear Rifle in 7mm rem mag is worth. The gun was manufactured about 1970 has shot 10 shells and is in average condition. Bill

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sako L61R action Finnbear model, Made in Riihimaki, Finland.

8-900 depending on condition and caliber.

A little more if the customer drools.

HM

3. shark1

shark1 Member

Bill, standard sporter or deluxe? Heavy barrel (rare in that cal), Scope rings sako or drilled? original recoil pad and condition or changed? Mike Sharkey, DC PS, Pictures would help.

4. BILL GRILL

It has a cheek piece on stock, original recoil pad. Condition is average has been carried alot and shot very little. Not heavy barrel. The guy wants 750.00 for it. Bill

5. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

750.Might be alittle strong if it shows some wear but Not that far off ..Great gun 650- 700 very fair price ..

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Import marked? What the hell are you talking about? They were all imported. Besides this is a hunting gun and not a collecter item in used condition. Bill, I sold a sako magnum in near new condition last year for 750.00. Worn? If you are looking to help a friend 650 but if its joe blow the rag man I wouldn't pay more then 600 for it. The rings are going to cost you the better part of 100 dollars if you want sako rings. If it comes with the Sako rings or he can come up with them 650 would be fair if all you want is a super accurate hunting gun.

Or the other way to look at it. what can you buy for 600 to 700 today that is new and will be as reliable and as accurate? not very much. I have sako style extractors installed on my 700 remingtons and that costs me 150.00 by itself.

Pretty tough to beat a finnbear if you just want a hunting gun. If you check closed auctions on gunbroker.com you can see what they really bring. Jeff

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I did some checking. 90% gun went for 655 with a 2X7 weaver and redfield mounts and rings, another with a 2x7 leupold and a few wear issues went for 632, another with a stock issue and factory Sako rings went for 549.

These are guns that have sold in used shape not what some people are asking for items that are not selling. The 7mm mag seems to bring less money then other chamberings.

I never owned a Finnbear in any caliber that wouldn't shoot 1 inch groups or better out of the box. Heck of a value in a used gun compareed to what new guns are bringing these days.

Bill, There is one 7mm mag that the guy says was never fired but he is selling it as used. 18 hours to go and it is just over 700 bucks. No scope and no rings.

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Makes no diffrence on a used hunting gun. This guns condition will be what determines it's price.

All the guns were imported and they all shot great. You are talking about mint collecters guns when you get into the import marking issues. This is a hunting gun in average condition.

If it doesn't have Sako rings I would pay no more then 550 and it better not have any issues or it isn't worth that.

Sako rings are bringing near 100 dollars a set so it is an important issue when buying and trading in Sako's.

Mike, I own 2 safes full of them. I know what I am talking about. The what the hell was in refrence to the fact this it is just a hunting gun. Jeff

9. BILL GRILL

Thanks guys I would say he wants to much. It is not in that good of shape. I believe I will pass on it.

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Great guns. The best Sako made. I have the guns in 222, 7mm mag, 30-06, 338 win mag. You will not be sorry if you buy the gun.

11. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

What's a AV Deluxe in .338 (made in Finland) worth. Have a friend selling an unfired NIB, ordered new in the early eighties. Sorry for the thread hijack..

Domenic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.