1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally made AZ. Hap

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Just a note to all my online buds letting you all know I finally made it to Vail,AZ. The trip was long with a few small problems along the way. Sure was good to see all the quail scatter from the front yard as I pulled in the driveway here too!

Just got a high speed internet connection a little while ago, been some time since I was on, think I was having withdrawal pains? :) Good luck to everyone in their shooting ventures this season! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO Hap

2. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Glad to see you made it in one piece! 10tenner

3. Janet

Janet TS Member

Glad you made it all safe and sound. We'll miss you at the Ohio State Shoot this year. Enjoy Arizona, I always did when Craig and I traveled there each year for the winter chain.

Janet (CJ)

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Hey Hap. Been wondering about you. Now for the unpack and move in, eh?

Does quail taste like chicken?

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good luck on your move to a great State. I've been only spending some winter time there the last few years. Hope to start doing some shooting next winter. Trouble is there is so much great scenery and things to do that shooting and golf take a back seat when I am there. Best of health and good shooting to you Hap. Bob H.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Congratulations Hap, I hope you realize all of your dreams there. Hope to visit you next time I am out to AZ. I will check with WPT and see if we can go on a road trip. Bill Malcolm

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Glad you made it OK. You are just in time for the summer heat !! I'll come down from Payson and show you a few quail hunting areas there. I also have quail in my yard every day as I feed and water them. No I never hunt around my home. PS- I just looked up and saw my first quail feeding in my yard of the day.

A couple of days ago I was setting at the computer around 5:30 am after letting the dogs out. I saw movement out front and looked up to see three elk trotting down the dirt road. They are everywhere in central to northern Arizona.

Get settled in and I'll see you soon.

Tom Strunk

8. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks to each and everyone for the well wishes! I will miss all my eastern shooting friends and the camaraderie I shared with them over the years. Some I'll see again eventually when venturing home again for visits. As always,I look forward to making more new friends wherever I happen to land and enjoy meeting new people in our sport. The best of the best, shooting sports people!!

Tom, I can't wait till we can re-hash the good times shared on the line and new hunting ventures! It's great to have a friend living in the higher elevations huh? (cooler?) :)

Bill M., I'll look forward to meeting you soon too!

Joe, actually they taste better than chicken!!

I'm on a new puter and haven't transfered all my email addresses yet so I included mine above, remove the X. Thanks again for the best wishes! Happy Hap

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Congrats on the move, Hap(py) this makes us a lot closer but still a "fur piece." We'll have to consider a visit there sometime; shortly after fuel gets real, eh?.....Bob Dodd

10. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Haps: glad you made it safely. Hopefully you didnt tear up the rental car as bad as Foggy does!!!!He might be a good shot but cant drive very well!!! Will miss you. Later. Don

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

HAP,

Good for you. I have looked all around the Vail, AZ area. Some great houses. It will be very interesting to hear how you weather the summer...pun intended. The heat scares me, but the area is great in the winter.

JON

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Now birdtracker that wasn't very nice I thought it needed a drain hole in the trunk.

Ok hap just seen your email from yesterday I guess and asked if you had high speed or dial up but then just seen this thread for the first time so it answered my question.

Ok I will miss seeing you also at Ohio state so I guess I will have to eat your steak also.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

13. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Anthony laid claim to that steak already. Sorry Foggy to late again. And as for drain holes anything you have to hammer back thru the metal doesnt count!!! I will make sure I bring the big Sledgehammer this year! Don

14. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Hap - congrat's on making it closer to the "other" coast! Hope to see you around AZ sometime - will you get up to Tucson for the Fall Handicap or Spring Grand?? Enjoy your new digs (and computer).

Sherree

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Foggy, who's the chinese fellow in the 10 gallon stetson?

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Hap...

Sent you an email...I meant the Spring Grand. See you there next year!

17. Hap MecTweaks

Trapshooting attracts people that are the best of the best in the sports world! I'm so thankful to be a small part of it and truly enjoy the shooting fun, mostly, the friends I've made over the years that make it so special. My welcome mat means just that, my trapshooting friends are welcome at my home anytime! Soon as I get a few more "hunnie-dues" paid off, I'm off to explore this wonderland of things, places and especially the people! To all of you, for your thoughts and well wishes, thanks, you can shoot on my squad anytime. Looking forward to this new endeavor in the land of sunshine!

HAP-py "gram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

18. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Congrates, Hap, I have been thinking of moving out west myself in a couple of years.
    Don

19. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hey Hap,

Glad to see that you made it to AZ. Sorry that we couldn't get together one more time before you left so I will have to come and see you in the spring.

Best of luck,

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.