1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally got a New Hunting Buddy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

After trying to work with 5 locla area Lab rescues, I got an 8month old yellow female that needed a good home. She's great, wants to be cared for and loved and just full of fun. She seems house broken (had her since yesterday ) and she just wants to be around people. I was so frustraed by the stupid rules and policies put in place by the do gooders that run these rescues I was ready to just go buy a pup. A friend that runs an American Eskimo rescue and does things right found the dog on Craigslist free to a good home she picked this girl up and dropped her off. My wife and I couldn't be happier the training starts this weekend with a trip to the trap club to break any gun shyness.

2. Remo

Remo TS Member

I'd rather hunt with Chenny than ride with Kennedy!!

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

FWIW, I took my Lab pup (now 12 yrs old) to the club, watched from a long distance the first time, every time there was a distant gunshot, he got a small piece of cooked chicken liver....(this dog would climb a ladder for chicken liver!!!) He was too interested in the liver to worry about the guns.....might work for you....good luck!

Of course he is pretty patient.....
    [​IMG]

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

Frank awsome pic!. I wish I would have read your advise years ago. I have a black lab that shivers bad even when she hears rain outside. Wouldn't trade her for the world though.She's a big ol lap dog :)...Ziggy

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ositive comments guys! This is my third lab in 35 years and she's going to be great if she never hunts she'll be great.

6. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

It might help if you get her really interested in somthing when you take her to the gun club.

I usualy let mine chase some clay birds. Of course not when there are s bunch of shooters. Once she is really interested and chasing one of the targets than I would introduce the noise.

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.