1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally considering my holy grail - K-80 or Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

The K-80 Pro Sporter...
    [​IMG]

or...

The Blaser Competition F3 Super Sport...
    [​IMG]

I've been dickin' around with a ton of shotguns over the years, now it's time to get serious. Let's just say it's a belated retirement gift to myself!!

2. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

You are looking at a toy or tool. Don't hope they will make you a back fence or master class shooter.
    Unless you have shot a particular gun a fair amount I would hesitate on buying new. Like cars,houses women. When you move on expect to loose your shorts.
    Kreighoff will hold its value if bought right. Not sure about blaser. They are on their 4th generation being imported. We will see what happens to them in 5 years. Remember Gamba, Kemen even kolars suck on resale.

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

you bring up some good points, but at this point in my life, recently retired, I want either of the two, but, lean towards the K-80 Pro Sport. Nobody needs a Rolex either, but I treated myself to a new Submariner...

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Slugo,

You sound like you have my tastes!

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Sporting or trap?

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

7. Setterman

I wouldn't say the Blaser is "not in the same league". Have you shot one?

I own one, and it's every bit a good as a K-gun, except it has too many weight variable options, and most shooters don't have a clue how to set up the weight system on a gun except trial and error.

And yes, I owned a K-80 combo as my main gun for 7 years.

8. Slugo

Slugo Member

I will be using the gun primarily for sporting clays and occasionally some trap shooting. I now shoot a high rib Browning Lightning Sporting Clays most of the time. As for Rolex watches, I've owned a ton of them including a pair of new SS Daytonas, one black, one white... :)

9. Barry C. Roach

For a "holy grail" Blaser doesn't qualify. Good gun but.

10. Setterman

So you've shot one Barry? For how long?

11. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

My son shoots a Blaser and is a master class shooter in sporting clays, I shoot a K80 pro sporter and I am in AA sporting clays. I shoot release triggers and are easy to install triggers, Blaser has some of the best pull triggers ever and also have a 10 year waranty and are good to deal with no hassel. thanks Ronnie

12. Barry C. Roach

Setterman. Yes and the K is superior in all ways, in my opinion. That's what they were asking for here wasn't it? I'm a Perazzi man and think they are superior to both the K and the B.

When we start seeing all those All Americans who have had the chance to shoot one on Blaser's nickel stay with them and maintain their AA status, I might reconsider. So far not so much. I don't dislike them just don't think they've been around long enough to know for sure.

13. Setterman

Barry, You didn't answer how many rounds you shot. In the short time they have been on the market, they aren't doing too bad.

I agree, not many Big Dogs shoot them, but then they don't sponsor anyone either.

Time will tell. Opinions aren't worth much till you compare averages.

14. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Not sure what the All Americans are shooting has to do with someone's personal choice between the Big Five Guns...As in Krieghoff,Kolar,Blaser,Beretta,Perazzi
    And in NO SPECIAL ORDER.....They All make FABULOUS O/U Target Guns. Ones Choice
    should be made on what Feels Good..As they ALL can be made to fit.
    Owning some of All of the above..The Blaser feels between the hands and swings the Best for me, has a point and shoot and weight distribution unlike the rest.
    Hell Life can be Short..Buy Both of Them. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

15. Setterman

I agree fbpapa, but I wish they would hurry up with that top single barrel!

16. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If you're a fairly big guy who thinks guns like the Rem 3200 have great balance and a sweet swing then you'd probably do well with a Blaser.

17. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Blaser.... Chevy made it right? how in the heck u gonna shoot that?
    I recently bought a K gun after shooting everthing under the sun including P,R,B,B,W,I guns and all I can say is WOW stick with the Rolex and the K gun.
    I do own a TAG and it nice but its no Rolex.
    Jim

18. Slugo

Slugo Member

yes, I am a big guy. For the record, both guns pretty much weigh the same. Non-issue for me...

19. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Chevy made....I don't Think So..Maybe General Motors..But Definitely out of their CADILLAC DIVISION...Truly as Good as any of The Big Five Guns. Shoot Well
    Shoot Often, Bart
    flabigpapa_2008_0303371.jpg

20. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

for my part, the K-80. but I wouldn't buy one without a test drive. Little things are what make a gun great to any individual. but a skilled shooter can learn to shoot almost anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.