1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally Completed Project-MUST SEE!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

After much anticipation my Model 12 project is finally completed! this project was 6 months in the making and required alot of time and effort on my part as well as a few helping hands. This model 12 is a family heirloom that my dad gave to me a year ago to start tinkering with as my family has a tradition of dressing up this old gun and making it shoot the way we want it to. So, this is my take on the old girl:

Before Shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

During/in progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FINALLY FINISHED!!!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special thanks go out to: Dad, for the adjustable rib and adjustable comb hardware. Dennis Devault, For duplicated my rough stock onto the laminate stock. Eddie Boggs, For the super high gloss clear coat finish. I did all other work on this stock including the finger grooves, inletting for the comb hardware, and final stock fitting. Overall time from start to finish was 6 months. Total amout invested is just a little over $400. I am very very pleased at how this gun turned out. Now I am almost too scared to shoot it.....ALMOST. Enjoy BYG.

2. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

that looks way cool !

but how much does that thing weigh ?

nice job

kevin

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's nice to see young people doing some of the work with their own two hands. Cool, unique shotgun. Good job, BYG.

-Gary

4. Beretta Young Gun

Kevin a. - The overall weight of this gun is 12.2 pounds. Ive shot some pretty mean loads in this gun and they dont bother me in the least bit. Even with as recoil sensitive as I am.

GW22 - Thaks for the compliment. BYG

5. grl

grl Member

Reminds me of a song "When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars......"

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice job BYG. Its always nice to be able to say you did all or at least most of the work yourself. Not my cup'o'tea but i'm impressed with your drive and ability to make exactly what you wanted even if it doesn't conform to the norm.

7. Borg

Borg Member

That looks pretty neat. Nice job.
    Peter

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's always good to push the envelope. Custom to fit is something a lot of people don't really understand. Good work.

9. Beretta Young Gun

thanks to all for the compliments and for taking a look =). BYG

10. plaw

plaw Active Member

Nice I like the way your head is straight up,I always look at shoots to see how many still shoot the old guns.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Careful with that thing, it might induce flash backs in a few of us from 'that generation'.

Nice workmanship and very creative.

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If all guns fit their shooters instead of the shooters fitting themselves to the gun a lot more stocks would look something like that. Good job. I'm impressed.

13. jkh171

jkh171 TS Member

Interesting, Very interesting.

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

You look totaly comfortable holding it. How I have no idea but the proof is in the pudding so they say. Nice job. I admire your tenacity. You stuck with it and it looks like you did a great job. Bill

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I have to add maybe get a Winchester cap to go with the Model-12.

I have been know in the past to shoot model 12's I started out with a remington 870 really trouble free except for breaking a fore arm slide guess to many boomers was shot and hard to eject them.

Then after I bought a couple of Model 12's then I fell in love with he Skunk Grade Model, I heard there was a very limited amount made I think I have the last one in existence.

Anyway im sure there will be no problems picking your Model 12 out of the gun Rack.

I like to be a bit different also I was always told if I drowned then go up stream to look for me because I will be floating the wrong direction!!

Foggy!!!

16. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Very stylish......... If we had more people like you thinking out of the box,
    shotguns would be looking a lot different than now. It's people like you that brought us adjustable combs, adjustable recoil pads, screw in chokes, high ribs, short ribs, adjustable ribs and a host of barrel and trigger modifications. All of these addtions and modifications are valid to enhancing harder breaks and higher scores. "Old" thinking, flat ribs, low stocks, fixed chokes come from "old" people who never leave their zip code and don't have a clue.

Good job, no great job! Blue Dot, Long Shot and Pro Reach forever................. Smoke-em if you got-em!

Surfer

17. Beretta Young Gun

The proof is definatly in the pudding with this gun. I left the gun club tonight $40 richer. Half of which my dad "donated" lol. I figured I would come out ahead tonight since I only missed 2 targets out of 75 from the 27 yard line. It really gives me a thrill when I show up to a shoot and the other shooters do nothing but pick on me and my gun for being so different....But then cuss and swear at me when I take all of there money =P. This gun is just a ton of fun to shoot. No recoil and it absolutly smokes a target from any where. Best to all...BYG

18. Beretta Young Gun

19. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Friend that has to be the ugliest stock I've ever seen. However, to use a slightly different spin on your own words, the proof is in the shooting. A 73/75 is great shooting. Just shooting a 25 straight from the 27 would be proof enough.

Well done. Keep it up.

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.