1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, a trip to Dick's Sporting was worthwhile

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Finally, a trip to Dick

Stopped into Dick's SG today to check ammo prices. As usual they were way too high. AA priced @ $8.99/box. Asked the clerk what he could do on a five flat purchase. After contacting his manager he said if I signed up for a Dick's credit card I could get 10% off my first purchase using the new card. Told the clerk I could buy AA's from WalMart for $7.99/box. He came back with a WalMart matching price plus 10% off my entire order by using my new card if I signed up. I did. Price per box came out to $7.19/box or $71.90/flat. This is considerably lower than Gamileil charges our club members when they deliver a combined ammo and bird order. Makes me feel like I won something today. Marc

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Did you hurt yourself stumbling past the Spandex and Nike, or trip on any golf equipment before you finally got to the back of the store?

HM

3. Westie

Westie Member

Just taking out an additional new credit card hurts your credit score.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Your correct Westie but if you have good credit, the negative effect is not signicant and not long lasting if you pay on time.

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Winchester's rebate ended at the end of August. If you have a Dick's credit card, it also gives you approximately 6 and 2/3 percent back in points. So 5 cases is about $360 which is about $24 more dollars back in points.

6. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I heard that Winchester extended their rebate period because Federal's rebate was still active. Anyone know for sure? Thanks, Marc

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hitapair: Your statement is mostly true. I'm a retired lending officer and a few years ago I had a custoner come in for a loan. We looked and reviewed his Trans Union report. I the report was a statement by T. U. at the bottom to the effect that his score was lowered because he had too many Finance Co. accounts (2) and both were zero balance. They both turned out to be "90 days same as cash" deals his wife used and they used his information. I wrote a letter on his behalf to T. U. and asked what kind of logic went into their scoring decision especially with zero balances and I-1 ratings. The score was subsequently raised.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Winchester's website says ends Aug 31st and must be received by Sept 15th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.