1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally,25 straight!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

I did not take up trapshooting until may of 2007. In fact, that is the only shooting sport I ever participated in.Unfortunately, my schedule affords me but one day a week (and then for only about two hours)to engage in an activity that I am growing to love. Maybe my love of the sport has something to do with latent masochistic tendencies. After 10 months of shooting at about 100 to 150 rounds per outing, I had yet to achieve 25 straight. My "scores" were usually:22,21,23,20, an occasional 24, etc. On Sunday last, I got my first straight 25. I am neither boasting nor patting myself on the back, nor am I seeking any "congrats" or high fives.I am posting this thread simply because I wanted to see it in print; mainly because my next round was a 19. Is it too late to take up golf? The beauty of that sport is that the less you play (the less strokes you take) the better you get and the happier you are.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The game will make you humble. Everytime I think I'm getting good---great---exceptional---- The game show's me who is boss, and down goes the trendline. Humbling is the real name of trapshooting. Unlike Golf you do not get any second, third, or forth shot to make par.

3. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thanks MIA. You mean you actually get awards for that???? From whom?

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Good shooting, now you deserve to buy yourself a better gun.

5. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Nice shooting. Just put a couple together next time.

Mike

6. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Boy does it feel good.

Great Shooting!

Gary

7. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

"Straight" patches are a great thing. I got my first 25 straight last year, and no clubs in TX seem to do the straight patches. Heck, nobody even shot my hat! When I told my the guys I with whom I was shooting that it being my first 25 straight, they said "it's not like it's 100 straight." I was bummed.

A couple months later, I went to the GL Grand in Michigan where I got my first 50 straight. One of the ladies in the office gave me an MTA 50 straight patch. Then, when I told her that they don't do that down south and told her my 25 straight story, she gave me the 25 straight as well!

Congratulations, Stan! Now that you've done it once, it'll happen much more easily next time.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

25str8 took me longer than 50 75 and 99s..........chasing 100

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Congratulations, cynergystan!

Send me your address, and I'll be glad to send you a 25 straight patch.

Tom Stewart

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If you think that shooting a 19 after your first perfect round is bad, just wait until you drop your 100th target. Now that will work on your psycie a bit! Lol.

Great shooting!

ec90t

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Good Shooting there Stan !!!! Now that the 19 has got your head swelling back down to size, you know the next step !!! Let us know when you get your first 50 strait. Good Luck and don't forget to Break-em all. Jeff

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It took me about 7 months. I thought I was never going to get there. Got my first in my second ATA shoot. Great news! They start getting easier and hopefully you will get to where that is what you expect when you take the line.

13. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Texas does do the patches.....Ray

14. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Way to shoot---I am looking for 25 straight patches for a shooting club--where can I purchase 10-30 patches---Thanks Norbert

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

congratulations on your shooting accomplishment. hope you have many more. i once shot a 25 straight, it was a fluke for me, because that one occured when the braves were in town, and i live in milwaukee. good luck shooting.
    steve balistreri

16. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. MTA Tom, E-Mail me and I will be pleased to send you my address and thank you for your thoughtful and generous offer. Senior Smoke, is there still a Pig and Whistle in Milwaukee (on Capitol Drive)? shannon391, What kind?

17. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I also started trap shooting in April of 2007 when I bought my very first shot gun I shot my first 25 at the NY State ATA Shoot and am also pretty proud of what I have accomplished so far I'm having a blast. Maybe we can shoot together some time a couple of rookies.

Martin

18. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Email sent.

19. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

Here's what everyone told me after my first 25: "Now you'll start hitting 25 over and over" and it's true. Now you know you can do it! Congrats! But now you won't be satisfied until you hit 50...

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 25 straight, and like golf you are going to have great days and not so great days. Keep loose and enjoy it and the 25's will rack up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.