1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Final send off ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I know I plan on being cremated. Just saw a rather unique way of distributing ashes. The departed ashes were loaded into 12 ga shells & all of his buddies shot them along the trap line at once at several targets. Now the real questions how many shells will 7 lbs of ashes fill. I'll go first class Federal papers, Winchester Primers & factory wads. Must use Krieghoff or equal guns. No auto loaders plese.

Phil Berkowitz

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I don't think ashes will cycle a auto anyway.

Might get a tad squeamish cleaning out the "debris" afterward.

Don Verna

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Hope it's not a windy day.

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

"Now the real questions how many shells will 7 lbs of ashes fill."

should get 100, if you put 1 1/8 oz in each one.

hope this helps.

tony

5. white rattler

white rattler Member

Phil, I have been to a couple of this coming out events. We just use a small amount and everybody touches off a last shot or two.I carried a friend around to all the shoots I went to that year and left a little bit of him at each club. Trevor Dawe.

6. Janet

Janet TS Member

This has been done in Wisconsin. 4 buddies fired shells after loaded by one of them. It was the decedent's wish that this be done.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive seen this done at the Iowa State Shoot. A member plays taps on a harmonica. Very nice send off for old friends. Dave B

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Give the nice people at Alliant a call. They might be able to work up a special load for you. It could be easier for them to do that if you would send them a few ashes before you die.

Pat Ireland

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

As little as Shootlow is, it would only take a .410 shell........However for me.......It might take a howitzer........lol lol

Hauxfan!

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Another passage from "Pat Ireland's Book of Common Sense". I'm glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee. LOL-- Shoot well and have fun, Bob

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Just use the ashes as a buffer in the shell with the shot. Shoot a full round. If you have to use some wood ashes or flower mixed in with the shot as a test before you try his ashes. Please let us know how it works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.