1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Filling out your average card

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

SOunds dumb but I need to ask how to fill this thing out.

I have question about the Singles, Average, Class, W/T, HDCP, DBLS, Average, Class.

In the singles colum, is it how many i shot at or how many i broke? If I shot at 200 singles today do I put 200 or 190?

Average column I am assuming I put the average for the day I am guessing.

How aobut class? this is my first rodeo, I don't think I have a class yet so leave it blank?

W/T researched this on TS and am leaving it alone as these birds were not anything but registered targets.

HDCP, same question as the singles question, number shot at or hit?

DLBS, same as above?

Average, same a above.

I cant find anything in the rule book on how to fill it out so I already know it must be a dumb question.

The way I was going to fill it out was, in the singles column, I was going to write in th enumber if birds I shot at today, in the average, I was going to use the total average for the 200 birds I hit. I was oging to leave the class column alone as I have no idea.

Any info before I screw this up would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Big Al 29
    your average card contains information regarding how many targets you hit - not how many you shot at.

Average is exactly what is says. You must keep totalling your scores and dividing by the number of games and thus compute your average. e.g. 95 on day one = 95 average. On day 2 you shoot a 97. Add day one score to day 2 score and divide by the number of games (that would be two in this example). That puts your average at 96.

Class - if they give you a slip of paper when you get handicapped and signed up, write down what they gave you. If it was a classless shoot, do not write anything.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Big Al- You record the actual score you shot in each event. In a 200 bird event if you shot a 190 you could record that score, but I would suggest recording is as two 100 bird events. This can help future classification. A written score of 190 could be two scores of 95 or one score of 90 and one 100.
    In the average column, you keep a ruining average (well, it may not actually be an average because of 50 bird events) of all of your scores for the year. As far as class, someone else will determine that for you and you simply record the class you were assigned. If this is not clear, post again and I, or someone else, will help.

Pat Ireland

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You would put whatever you hit in the score column. When you paid you were put into a class, that would go in the class column. W/T only needs to be marked if you won or tied for class. Same for doubles. Handicap has no class or w/t columns. Your average is figured by adding the total hit by the total shot at. It is a running average. In your example, you hit 109 out of 200 so your average would be .9500. Good luck and welcome to ATA. John

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey Pat,

I keep "ruining" my average too! How can we stop?

Jim

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

JBrooks- I made a typo error that might not have been an error.

HaveGunWillTravel - You stated above that the average is exactly what it says-- but it is not. If you shoot 4 Big 50 events and break 50,46,50, and 48, the average of these scores is 48.5. The percentage of birds hit (not the average) is 97.

Pat Ireland

7. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Here's a link to the ATA instructions for filling out your average card. James Fawcett

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Touche' Mr. Ireland. I did not think about 50 bird events. And why would I, I register a few thousand 16 yard targets every year and none of them are 50 bird events. So to you lame brains who are having difficulty with basic arithmetic, the easiest thing to do is to consider your scores in the context of 100 target events.

9. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

30 minutes on the ATA site and I can't find it. Half a second on TS.com and here is the answer.

Thanks.......

10. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

HaveGunWillTravel,

tell me more about these classless shoots you are attending

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I was told by classifier at the shoots. You score each per 100 targets. I had shot several Marathon events. Shooting 300 singles one day then 200 the next. I scoreed them as each of them as a total score ex feb 10th 278/300 march 15 189/200. Was told to score them in 100 target increments. Reason i got for this is they want to know what you shot per 100. Did you score 100 straight then 89 ect ect. In the end the average will be what it is. As far as class goes it could change things if you have a few 99 or so mixed in with a 200 bird event. Also I believe it matters in handicap also. You will gain yardage per 100 targets. Im not sure of the system. Something like 95 or better is X amount of shooters you get a yardage punch. I will also agree sometimes finding the info on ATA web site can be tough. I had a very hard time finding the patches on the store web site last year.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I was told by classifier at the shoots. You score each per 100 targets. I had shot several Marathon events. Shooting 300 singles one day then 200 the next. I scoreed them as each of them as a total score ex feb 10th 278/300 march 15 189/200. Was told to score them in 100 target increments. Reason i got for this is they want to know what you shot per 100. Did you score 100 straight then 89 ect ect. In the end the average will be what it is. As far as class goes it could change things if you have a few 99 or so mixed in with a 200 bird event. Also I believe it matters in handicap also. You will gain yardage per 100 targets. Im not sure of the system. Something like 95 or better is X amount of shooters you get a yardage punch. I will also agree sometimes finding the info on ATA web site can be tough. I had a very hard time finding the patches on the store web site last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ata average cards how to
filled out ata average card
filling out ata card

how to fill out a trap score pad

how to fill out an ata average card

how to fill out an average card
how to fill out ata card
trap score card fill out