1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Filed your written report?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just got through filing my annual written report to the federal government. It is due tomorrow - April 15. Some call it filing a tax return, but it really is a written report detailing all the activities I involved myself in last year.

I reported how much money I earned last year and whom I earned it from and what occupation I earned it.

I reported all the banks where I have accounts, and how much interest I earned from those accounts.

Reported the amount of money I put in my IRA and which brokerage firm the account is established under. Ditto for my SEP plan too.

Report all dividend income, and broke down which firms I own stock in. By reporting the dividend dollar amount they can figure up how many shares of stock I own in XOM, KO, PG, etc.......

Reported capital gains when I sold some BMY last summer. They know what year I purchased stock, what I paid for it then, what I sold it for and when I sold it.

Reported what I paid for my health insurance premiums last year, for deduction.

Itemized what I paid for prescription drugs last year and what pharmacy I purchased those drugs from.

Reported what I spent with my local doctor. Ditto for my dentist, and eye doctor, and what the cardiologist charged for my checkup.

And the list goes on of things they wanted reported. These guys know me better than I know myself. They know everything, where I bank, what I earn, what cholesterol medicine I take.............

And some of us (including me) get worked up about the census form we are asked to fill out every 10 years.

What happened to us? What happened to the 4th amendment the part about -?
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures"...........

Could you guys see George Washington sitting down and filing a report to the federal government detailing how he earned every penny? Detailing every cow, horse, sheep, barrel of whiskey he had on Mt. Vernon?

And yet, we do every year.

I guess I'm lucky I didn't win any money shooting this year or I would have to report how much money I spent on guns, ammo, targets. I don't have to report those 2 trophies I won, do I?

Well anyway, have you submitted your written report?

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

f'em,,,filed another extension,,,they can wait till October 15th,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.