1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Figure 8 type wads for 1oz loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

I shot someone's loads the other day at the club and really liked the way they broke targets. He told me what his recipe was and it was exactly the same load that I use except that he uses a genuine Remington figure 8 wad which I have never used. I have always used the Winchester clone type wads but am considering trying the figure 8. Who of you uses them and why? Is there any tendency of them to cock when being inserted into the hull? Is there a difference between the genuine Remington fig8 and the clone fig 8?

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I use downrange TGT 12 fig 8 wads the only differece I see is about $40 a case.Jerry

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Yeah, what JDS farms said.
    I find that they load and shoot better than the CB1100's that I had been shooting forever.

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

The difference is all in your head tractorboy. The idea of cocked wads is greatly exaggerated.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Same as jdsfarms.. I use the TGT clone from CB. They work fine for my 7\8oz. also. Ross Puls

6. bjc682

bjc682 Member

I am also using the Down Range clone. Nothing better.

Bart

7. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I use the Claybuster clone with no problem, use the TGT 12 clone in both 1 & 7/8 ounce loads.

Work great.

Scott

8. 1240fps

1240fps TS Member

I also like the Figure 8 style for 1oz loads but like the Claybuster version the best. It's base is a little larger diameter than the Remington or other clones so it sits a little higher in a Win AA hull. This make for nice fit for 1oz. If you want 1 1/8 no problem, you just need a little wad pressure to fit the 1 1/8.

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Remington Fig8S is their "1 1/8th oz" wad for normal bulky powders (Clays, GD, RD, etc). The TGT12s wad also holds 1 1/8th oz of shot, but is taller and can be used with dense powders like Titegroup. You can also use the TGT12S for 1 oz loads because it is taller and stacks up very nicely with normal bulky powders and only 1 oz of shot. Both are great wads.

If you look at the cost of reloading, Lead is by far the biggest cost factor in your shells. Saving a couple bucks on wads is a pretty small factor compared to the cost of shot per load. Try the genuine components, you might like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between remiton figure 8 and target wad

what is the difference between fig8 and fig8s wads

what is the difference between figure 8 wad and tgt 12 wad

what reloading wads can j use for 1oz loads