1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fig 8 Wad Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I am a simpleton. I have long thought that whom ever made a shell casing would probably have the best idea about what would work best in that shell. I have seen Fig 8 wads for as long as they have made them, probably 40 years, and Remington showed themn in their ads. I have never loaded one. I have about a bizillion Gun Clubs and now that Down Range is making a good inexpensive clone, I think it's time. My question: It looks like it would be a natural for a cocked wad because the center column cannot give 360 deg support. Is this a problem? Do you need to do anything special?
    Thanks

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No problems with Remington figure 8s or the Remington TGT12 wads. HMB

3. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

I have loaded close to 5000 fig 8 wads now, and have never had a problem with a "cocked" one. The last 2500 have been downrange clones and I accualy prefer them over the remington wads because they are slicker and load easier.

sawyer

4. Herman63

Herman63 Member

At the end of loading 5000 Downrange Fig. 8's not a problem at all and really like them and will be buying more.

Herman63

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've pretty much settled on Fig 8 and TGT-12 wads, but have loaded a lot more than 5000 of each. I probably use a case and a half of each a year at a minimum.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Never had a problem with them. Figure 8s or TGT 12s. The clones have worked well also. I would think that you could probably even load one upside down if you really tried. I think you'd have to try hard to get one in cocked.

7. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

Loaded over 200,000 through my press with no issues. I am switching to the economy downrange wads though they load real nice shoot good and are quite a bit cheaper.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.