1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiesta Bowl

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Boise Broncos did it again. Coach Pete is going to command a high salary soon. He already makes too much. Ha, Lou Boise ID

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Lou, it was a really good game, they avenged that loss from TCU last year. I was surprised how well their defense played. Do you think they will be #2 after the Texas, Alabama game? Wayne

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Tie game, ball on your side of the field, around the 25 if I remember right, 4th and 9. And he does a trick play. Maybe the most gutsy call I have ever seen in a bowl game. What a good game.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Wayne, I dont know but it possible.

5. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Boise State played a great game. But, just like TCU they played super weak teams all year long. Boise State played New Mexico State, Fresno State and Bowling Green just to name a few of the weak programs they faced. Again TCU is not much better. To think they deserve a #2 spot is a stretch at best. TCU or Boise State could not beat most anybody in the SEC and only a few teams in the Big 12 to say the least. TCU and Boise State got lucky playing each other instead of a real football program like Cincinnati had to. Imagine what a Penn State or LSU would have done to either of these weak teams. No offense to either team they just play weak and unrated teams all year long.

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I used to believe that too. Not anymore. For years they talked about parity in college football. It is here. Look at the top ten this year. I just watched Arkansas luck out in a bowl game against a Conference USA team. Uconn whipped up on South Carolina. The old days of dominance by a few teams are over. I am glad. College football has never been more fun to watch. I watched that same Boise State team beat Oklahoma a couple of years ago. Anybody can win on a good day now.

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

"""""""Boise State played a great game. But, just like TCU they played super weak teams all year long. Boise State played New Mexico State, Fresno State 8-5"""""and Bowling Green

For years people said something about the BIG TWO plus 6 conference!

And during a convincing 33 zero win it was mentioned that one of the TWO was winning it's 36th bowl game, and playing it's 46th bowl game!

All those years where it was the BIG TWO +6, they got away with not to much flaming (or had alot) because you have to be in a conference, you have no control of the other teams in the conference!

I would make the case that with the Mtn West only losing 1 of 5 bowl games.
    The Mtn west having 3 ten plus win teams, 2 that TCU beat.
    That Bowling Green mentioned above as a weak sister being a bowl team.
    that almost all of the BCS conferences having a team with 9 or more loses

THAT BOISE ST is as much deserving of the National Championship as anybody!

Al

8. lacy

lacy TS Member

I wouldn't call beating Oregon soundly in the first game of the year "playing super weak teams." Lacy

9. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

People say BSU is not good compared to the big programs. Get your favorite AD to schedule a home and home with them, then tell us what you think. TCU goes 12-1 and played 6 bowl teams. Guess what, those 6 bowl teams all won and TCU's avg. score over those 6 bowl teams was 20pts.

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Parkerguy, BSU tries to schedule games with BCS teams but they get turned down all the time. There's still a vacant spot on their 2011 schedule and no BCS teams want in, even though they wouldn't have to play on the blue turf. I guess they're afraid of being embarrassed at home.

The only way to truly know who #1 is, is to have a playoff series. We'll never know who is truly #1 until then. "Bowl Championship Series" is a lie. There is no championship, there's just a bunch of bowl executives trying to figure out which team matchups can make them the most $$$$.

The Broncos are doing the best they can, and in the meantime 14-0 including beating the Oregon Ducks (who played in the Rose Bowl) ain't too shabby.

Let's have playoffs. Go Broncos!

11. Lyle

Lyle Member

Parkerguy,
    You are either trolling or seriously do not know what you are talking about. BSU and TCU were put against each other purely because the BCS schools knew that both of these teams might upset both Texas and Alabama. As soon as the games are announced then everyone is saying that TCU may be the best team in Texas or in the country. BSU won the game, played outstanding and has proven that they can play and beat most anyone in the country. REgardless of conference. Period.

Lyle

12. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

BSU missed about three touches in the first half by about 2 steps each. It was just dumb luck is wasn't a total rout. The first play of the game BSU ran should have been a touchdown.

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I don't see how a person could watch the Texas and Alabama game last night, and say that the Broncos couldn't beat either of them. I didn't see anything magical about them. I did notice that Alabama tried what the Broncos did at the Fiesta Bowl last Monday, the fake punt (Riddler), and failed. The elite are so condescending about Boise's trick plays, but I call it excellent coaching and I love to see Boise execute them so well. Down with the Good Old Boy network. It's time to have a playoff, and then there would be no speculation as to who is truly #1.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm not saying a damn thing. I thought Cincinnati was tough and belonged in the NC game against Bama, but they got their clock cleaned.

15. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Peterson probably one of the best coaches in college ball. Tricks or whatever, it works. He is hard to beat as the 14-0 would indicate and 27-1 record the last 2 yrs. At any rate he is probably gone - Carrol to the Seahawks and Peterson to USC. If it happens, he will really be hard to beat at USC with all that talent. With Mac Brown at $5mil, Saban $4+ and Miles $4+, Peterson would be a steal @ $3mil.

16. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Coach Pete signed another 5 year contract with Boise State. He has something that is rare these days - integrity - and we're so happy to have him for another few years. With 21 out of 22 starters coming back next year, and the same assistant coaches, it might be a heck of a season.

17. blaster

blaster Member

Well I went to the game and well say it was a great game! I dont know if they could beat number one. But until the bcs gets off there butt and puts them into the high ranks we will never know. To all those that dont belive into the Big Blue think about this, 6 years ago we werent in the top 15 and now look at was a little school in boise has done for the last 4 years?

18. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

It's easier than it sounds EE. BSU tries to schedule games with the big conference teams every season and they get turned down, even with offers on the table that the the Broncos will travel and the opponent won't have to play on the blue. BSU would GLADLY play any of your SEC teams but there've been no takers so far. Each season, people like you accuse us of having a weak schedule but it's not the Broncos doing! In the meantime, VA Tech has bitten, for next season. Come on big dogs, what are you afraid of! Gettin' pee'd on by a puppy?

19. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

I repeat, Carrol to Seahawks, Peterson to USC. BSU, your days of wine & roses are coming to an end.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jen, Thats kind of like USC refusing to play Notre Dame or the Big Ten after the Oct 1st? They no like cool weather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.