1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Field stock vs trap stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I was always under the impression that a stock is a trap stock if it has a Monte Carlo comb. I am apparently wrong. One can have a trap stock and a field stock without a MC comb. What are the differences? Can anyone enlighten me.

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

A trap stock is higher, less drop than a field stock so you don't have to cover rising birds.

A monte carlo is just one style of a stock, doesn't have to be a trap stock, but usually is.

Hope this helps

ed.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The comb on trap guns is parallel with the rib, rather than sloping down.

This makes the gun recoil straight rearward rather than jumping up and smacking your cheek.

No matter where you put your face on the comb, your eye should be at the same height.

It is way to easy to get a bad eye alignment with a sloping stock.

HM

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Actually a stock is a stock and it should fit you. The impression is that trap stocks have higher dimensions so that the guns will shoot higher.
    Joe

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

The stock can also be parrallel without being a Monte.

6. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

10 years ago I had a very well known stock fitter fit me for a stock after which he made the stock I currently shoot. He never ask if I was going to shoot trap, skeet, or hunt with the K80 with 30" barrels. It is actually a skeet gun with 30" barrels or my trap gun with the 34" unsingle barrel attached. Dosn't matter which barrels are on the gun, the beads figure 8 when I look down the barrels. Stock fitter is correct, a fit stock is a fit stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skeet stock vs field stock

trap skeet stocks

trap stock vs field

trap stock vs field stock