1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

field/skeet stock vs trap stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lel4866, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lel4866

lel4866 Member

As I consider a new trap gun, I still don't get the reason for the difference between a field stock and a Monte Carlo trap stock. I understand what the difference is (I think), but I don't understand why. It's important to me because some of the less expensive O/U's are "sporting", like the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I.

The field stock on my current gun slopes upward. When I started shooting trap, the recoil caused the higher portion of the stock in front of my cheek to hit my cheek bone, and I ended up with a sore cheek. I modified the stock by adding a comb raiser to make the comb parallel (and adjusted the rib for POI). Presto. No more sore cheek.

The question is, why would anyone want anything other than a Monte Carlo stock? Skeet, Sporting Clays, Field? It compensates for slightly different mount points because it is parallel, and it doesn't hit your cheek bone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
difference between sporting stock and trap stock

differences in trap stock and field stock forum

monte carlo stock on trap and skeet shotgun
skeet stock vs conventional stock

skeet stock vs field stock

sore cheek when skeet shootlng
what is the difference between a trap stock and a sporting clays stock
whatis the difference between the skb 90tss trap model and sporting model