1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

field grade to trap grade

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ladaleo, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladaleo

ladaleo TS Member

Apr 29, 2009
    my son has been shooting on his high school team for 3 years now. he has a 90 to92 avg. he is shooting a 1100 feild,i have looking at buying a trap grade gun maybe classic trap or preiemer trap. since his avg. is fairly good now will it improve with trap grade gun.is it a easy change from one to the other?
  2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Try it first. With some sort of padding and mole-skin, you can raise the comb to trap level. He may, or may not like it. Another option is to borrow a gun or two at the local range and shoot a practice round.

Pat Ireland
  3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    buy at trap grade monte carlo stock and save your money. the only difference between a field grade and a trap grade 1100 is the higher stock, and the trap grade barrel has a pertrusion to deflect the ejected shells. trap grade stocks are hard to find nowadays. on ebay you can get a monte carlo non wood stock for around $50.00 to 75.00. if your son can't hit targets with it, sell it.
    steve balistreri
  4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Mar 29, 2006
    I agree with Both above when I first started shooting I bought one of the "comb kits" and it came with different height pads. What a difference it made to emulate a trap gun. Good luck!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is field grade trap grade