1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fiber basewad coming loose or flying out

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

hi, could someone please explain step by step as to how this happens. we've heard much about this subject. new winchester hulls also. i'm sure a lot of people would like to know. dennis

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

We shoot a lot of estates at our club. there is a pile of wads and what looks like fiber paper pieces in front of the and around the trap house.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The base wad is not coming out. Squibb is right on his description. Estates are made by Federal, they use a two piece wad, the top half of the wad lands between the shooter and the trap house. It is not the base wad. Estates load just fine. HMB

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha if there is a way to interpret someting...these guys will ALWAY jump to the wrong conclusion and then make a post and bitch about it......maybe if they took a look at what "debris" comes out, they would know!

Sheeeeeesh!

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Amen. HMB

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

At least the "wad" part was right. It's just not the "base" wad that's coming out of the barrel. If the wads they've been seeing aren't coming out of the barrel, I'd be a bit more worried. Cut open one of those shells and look at the construction of the wad column. I've had base wads in some 2 piece "economy" plastic hulls (NOT Win AA) migrate up into the hull, but have not seen any paper base wads do that lately. I've had the tube pull loose from the case head and stay in the chamber, but the base wads have been intact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.