1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FFL shipment from CA to MO ?'s PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Boxer's1, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer's1

Boxer's1 TS Member

FFL shipment from CA to MO ?

I am purchasing a gun from California and Live in Missouri. My guy that has an FFL here in MO. told me after I had mailed his FFL to CA, that he can't take shipment's from CA. Can you tell me is there a law about shipping Guns In and out of CA diffrent from other states? thanks

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

Absolute bull s###. Get another ffl who knows the rules. There are no issues shipping shotguns and most other guns either from or to Californis. Your seller just needs to box it up and call UPS or go to the post office and send it to your new ffl.
    I do it all the time from Sacramento to the entire country.
    Doug

4. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

It is all about the receiving end. the shipping end is not relevant. he may not be able to ship to CA but he certainly can receive. No different than receiving from any other state.

If you are a non-FFL holder, you can ship any firearm at all to CA. It is up to the receiver to make sure it is legal form him to take possession. The receiving FFL will make sure of that part.If you are a FFL holder, there are a few hoops to be jumped through but there is no cost and it is quite simple. If you are an FFL and can't figure them out, you probably should not be selling guns.

To ship a firearm from CA, the shipper needs to verify that the receiving FFL is valid. This can be done a number of ways. The most common is for the receiving FFL to send a copy of their license. The shipper needs to make sure it is accurate and valid. The BATF has a web based verification service that works quite well for this.

5. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Your FFL doesn't know what he's talking about. We receive shipments from CA all the time, he may not be able to ship to CA but he sure can receive from CA.

I am betting he is confused with the law. You must register with the state of CA to ship firearms to CA but not to receive them from CA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.