1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FFL C&R license anyone familiar with applying

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Applying for FFL Curious and relics license, What is not clear is who signs line 15. Me or LEO? Also do I need to fill out a permit at police station? Last do I need to supply ATF with photo and prints?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I did not know you needed a license to be curious. HMB

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

hmb, nice huh, on autotype

4. mike b.

mike b. Member

Not sure what line #15 is ? Have one and as I remember a form is sent to local Mounties and it's a respond only if there's a problem form. License is only $30 for 3 years and you can purchase most toys over 50 yrs. old and those on the C&R list (some are newer). Hope you don't live in Calif. as I do, because they eliminated handguns and most semi-auto rifles. Luckily I've had it for 12 years and got my goodies before the ban. Great for older shotguns!

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

little more to it now - there is a back ground check you pay for in some states -C&R cant do pistols -- call ATF at 866 6622750 thats in Alanta rick

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

I got mine a couple of years ago and it said to give a copy of the application to the local law enforcement officer. In my case it was the local police chief in my town. I think I went online for the application forms. No photo or prints. Mine took a while longer than normal because of an incident several years ago and I had to go to my local municipal court to get it all straightened out. The C&R liscense is a good deal for those firearms more than 50 years old and those newer that are classified as relics. I understand that for a full blown FFL you need to have a 'store front'. That is, no more kitchen table dealers. Have no idea what line 15 is. Hope I have been some help. Bill

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

one at a time, theres a huge differance between FFL and C&R, for one youy need a business here in massachusetts and must prove it is your primary souce of income. town from what I gather will not give the go on gun dealers, and the state is just as hard. Plus the FFL is a heck of a lot more money. Just interested in the 50+ surplus guns that can be shipped right to my door.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no no no no no absolutly no mention of #$%^ anywhere on this site.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

found above web site for those that maybe interested

10. TennTrap

TennTrap Member

I have my C&R. The LEO does NOT have to sign your app. they must be sent their copy of the form. On the form there is a information section that informs the LEO that the form is being sent to them.....

from rick1 "-C&R cant do pistols" A C&R holder CAN purchase pistols, I've done it, had them delivery to the house via UPS.

enjoy,
    Tenntrap

11. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Ditto on the pistols,there are several on the c@r list that qualify (50 plus) including some fairly late model commemoritives. Dan Witcher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.