1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fennville Rod and Gun and Dales Walleye Fry

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by moore5833, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

We are thinking about a 75 bird pick your partner Calcutta as the main event to go with Dales world famous Walleye and home made French Fry dinner. Followed by 50 bird draw.
    Date-Aug 29
    Time-Protections starting 9:30-Auction around 11:30
    Cost-protections $5per shooter, 75 bird $15 per shooter,50 bird $10
    Payouts to be determined by turnout

Shooters-give me your imput! PerryM

2. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Don't you thank we should have cat with that there fish or is Fennville fresh out of cat.Cat and fish do go well togather.

hook

3. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

What would the yardage be for the calcuttas?

I think by August we should have some asian carp around (they are on the way up here) maybe an asian carp/walleye/cat dinner! Buffet style ALL YOU CAN EAT!

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

4. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Perry,

WC and I also discussed this a little bit on Sunday. I think a 75 birder (pick) would go good for the 1st event. Yardage can be what ever. I'd suggest 21, 23, 25 being that we still have a lot of new shooters. But if you think we should do 23, 25, 27 that would be fine too. Teams would just alternate shots on one of the yardages.

Okay, that's my two cents. Let me know once you finalize your plans and I'll make some flyers to post down here in the southern country! LOL.

Regards,
    Matt

5. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

I thank we should do 16,17,18 for yardage that way I would have a much better chance of backing up.

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Hook you ate the last of the cat on sunday-just practice the left handers now!!!Yardage-23,25 alternating on the 27

7. pullbangloss

Steve,

Your vote doesn't count! Just kidding.

Perry brings up a good question that has been brought up many times before in the calcutta circuit. "We are shooting a pick and a draw, which one do we shoot first?" In my past experience it really is the same turnout no matter what you shoot first with a slight edge to the picks.

Usually the picks bring out many people who are afraid or not confident to throw their name in the hat and draw somebody they don't know. These people feel much more comfortable shooting with a buddy.

Another good point about the pick being first is the fact that you will draw some teams which normally don't shoot at Fennville due to the long distance, drive time. There will be 4 - 5 teams from down this area that will venture up North if the pick is first. Do to the long drive, they can get an early start, shoot protections and the first event, then get home at a decent time.

Again, just my two cents and I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it.

Regards,
    Matt

P.S. Thanks for not razzing my partner Hook and I for missing the last target on Sunday!

8. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

I see what Matt is saying since I'm one of those that doesn't mind wasting shells for a Calcutta but am not in it for the $, just the experience and fun of it. I did that last Sun at Fennville and recorded the lowest score - thank you all for not mentioning it - lol. Luckily I was paired with another shooter that felt the same way and we just bought ourselves - see you guys know! I hate to stick somebody that's a good shooter and has driven a long distance for a competition with me as a partner so I won't do the Sun draw calcuttas normally, but the Fri night fun shoots with A/B are fair game! I'd be open to try it in a pick if you didn't have to wait all day to get to the event though if it's at Fennville, I'd be there anyway, just would have to hold off on my time with Miller!

Just my 2 cents.

Cindy

9. pullbangloss

Cindy,

If I remember correctly, I saw your name on the winners board last Friday??? I'd take you anyday over Steve Vv. LOL.

Stick with it girl, it won't be long before you'll be selling on wild cards! Just remember, you can't get any better by not shooting! Practice, practice, practice.

Matt Ski

10. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Cindy

There is'ent any body there that would'ent be glad to shoot with you except for Steve he can be a bit of a jerk but then you know that.The only way to get better is to keep shooting we need all the shooters we can get.

hook

11. pullbangloss

You know what I think of Jim Bunning...never mind.

Matt Ski

12. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

I thank I went to far to say you were a jerk when I re-read the post it sounded like I was serious,of a matter of corse you know I am not.

Now don't be a jerk and accept my apoloagy.

hook

13. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Thanks for the support guys - I'm working at it!

Yeah Matt, I did finally make it to the winner's board but remember, Harry did a heck of a job with lots of backups - lol!!

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.