1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fennville, MI Friday Night Fun Shoot - 3/26

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cindyfenn, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

This Friday night is the Fun Shoot at the Fennville Rod & Gun Club. Protections starting around 5:30 and 50 bird calcutta - A & B draw. Signup for Calcutta by 7:30 PM. Fish fry dinner - always a great time!

2. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

These are good shoots, you never know who you are going to be partnered up with. You might be put with an A shooter or you might get put with somone who has never shot trap before. They throw colored birds including the "GOLD BIRD" which is always worth a few bucks (last month around $280 I believe) The shoot is always well ran and there is always good food.

Took 1st last month with 49 Won it in the shoot off, Hopefully this friday goes just as well!

Jordan Dekker, FRGC Member

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Hey Jordan, nice shooting with the old man last month. Glad you could carry him to the finish line! Now you know what I deal with on a weekly basis, LOL.

Up for a great shoot.

Regards,
    Matt

4. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Or you can be paired up with somebody that has shot lots before but is a C shooter - that would be me!

Lots of fun for everybody and a great chance for the timid shooters to come out and give a Calcutta a try. Pretty decent pot and everybody is so supportive. We like to ask bad tempers to be left in the truck/car since this is just for fun for everybody!

5. t901

t901 Member

How much is that golden bird worth now, I heard somebody got it.

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I THINK but not for sure-the pot will start over with $50.00-plus the nights entries@ $1.00 ea. Is there a D class? I'm skipping bowling Fri. to shoot-pity the person who draws me:( Perry

7. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Hear we go again, can you please tell use were you are located.
    Thank you
    Pete

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Hey Pete,

If you do a search on Google for the Fennville Rod and Gun club their site should come up. Directions can be found there.

It's a great shoot.

Regards,
    Matt

9. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

fennvillerodandgunclub.freehosting.net-this is our website map is on there plus more. P.S. no cats were harmed making this post. Perry

10. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Hey Pete,

this is the first time I've started a thread but it is Fennville, Michigan and you now have the website address for the directions. I did put MI in the subject but sorry for not posting the website addr. to begin with. I'm new at this stuff!

This is a whole lot of fun but I don't think the gold bird jug is started with a base. It's always just rolled from the $1/entry so you see with 40+ shooters it did roll a while until it was shot last month. So I'd think this Fri. it will be worth the # of shooters. But that may have changed.

Hope to see all of you there!

11. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Cindyfenn

Great job on the post but just a reminder to everybody that does not know this club it is part of the W.M.C.C.

If you have never shot a calcutta before and always wanted to try one this is the shoot for you.It truly does not matter how well you shoot it is a short yardage shoot 25 birds from the 16 yard line,and 25 birds from the 20 yard line.Everybody truly has a chance to win.

Fennville welcomes new shooters with open arms so come out and have a vary good time.

hook

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Thanks Hook,

I hesitated to use the WMCC prefix because I didn't know if that was just for the longer yardage Sunday shoots plus specials. Since this is the shorter one and for fun I didn't want to misrepresent it.

Yeah we do use our Friday fun shoot to encourage the timid ones so come on out! But you'll have to tolerate me Sat. at Allegan, I had a special invitation for the pick Calcutta at the regular yardage so we'll see! I'm game..... and nobody will get stuck with me!

13. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Cindy

In my opinion the Friday night shoot at Fennville does more to promote the W.M.C.C. than any other shoot that we have.

As far as getting "stuck" with you I should be so lucky if you remember we shot toghther on a Friday night and did vary well.

hook

14. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Just tell where its at on here. Don't care to take time to look at someother web sight.

15. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

b12-49th st North of M-89-about 4 miles East of Fennville

16. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hello All!!!

Just checked the weather and its supposed to be a pretty nice day, certainly the best weather for a Friday Night Shoot in several Months!!!

ALL shooters are welcome! More "Beginner" shooters we have results in fewer odds of two possible "Good" shooters getting together. The A and B draw scatters generally scatters them up pretty well.

Thanks to the work of many Volunteers over the past month, we now have a Two Boards to keep track of the Squads and Scores on and it would be nice to fill them both up!

Bring whoever you want and be ready to have a good time! Hope to see a large turnout with many new faces!

Eric Yonkers
    F.R.G.C "Trapper"

17. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Nice handle Eric! Born to score-in trapshooting? Or with the ladies? Be careful- your mother started this thread. Perry

18. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Perry

I had the same thought but had to much class to say it.

Door open

hook

19. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Here is a link to the FRGC web site for those enquiring shooters.

20. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Don't worry about Momma Bear being on here - I'm SURE he meant score trap - haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.