1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FELLOW SHOOTERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2llc, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I have been shooting a couple years now, the learning curve is slow but scores today are much better than scores 2 years ago... sure hope I live a long life. I have shot with some of the best folks you could hope to ever know, they give out a few pointers, loading tips, how to do it's all over the place and it all helps.
    There are some though that are just plain sour grapes..... always watch and comment on the bad, take great glee in the misfortunes of others, gossip till hell wouldn't have it, find a soft spot and use it for a target to spread hate and discontent. I hate to see it but often this site ends up with posts that fall into that realm also. They add nothing to the game, do not help anyone learn anything and in general just make life miserable. If the only way those folks can make themselves look good is to make someone else look bad they simply have very little to offer. Locally we have great discussions about handicapping, class and the dreaded "Known ability". The way it works here usually is that shooter A tells the handicapper that shooter B is way better that the ATA card indicates... Somehow I think it falls way short of rules and definition but it certainly does create some issues.
    Its rather strange though... in spite of all the "known ability" discussions and changes I have yet to see how changing anyones status has added one bird to my scores.... I must be doing something wrong........ Larry

2. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Larry, what is your point? Like you, Im new to the sport. Love it. Be prepared to register birds because if you dont, you'll be in B class at the 20. It is the only way to get classified. Oh, register your birds with a .410. JK. Mike

3. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

You just have to learn to separate the negative from the positive and ignore it.
    Clyde

4. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Yup, thin skin will not serve you well in ANY competitive sport.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Back in the "olden days" you started at class B and on the 22 yd. line. I vowed that I'd never shoot any closer than that.

Look at it as a challenge.

6. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Hookedonshooting,
    There was no particular point, just general observations, I am sure you have noticed some of the posts go too far. It seems that often folks at the range and some that post here seem a bit too caustic in their approach to their communication. Locally I have observed several potential shooters simply find something else to do. They come for relaxation and enjoyment and if its not there they leave..... Larry