1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feinstein claim

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by steele, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

While watching the gun ban discussions on Face the Nation this morning, Senator Feinstein made the unbelievable statement about AR type rifles." They have a extendable stock available that makes the gun a machine gun" ( not verbatum).
    You would think that someone with such an agenda, would at least get her facts straight. I was always taught to "know your enemy". If guns are her enemy, she better go back to school. Butch from Pgh

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Maybe she knows more than you think....

http://www.slidefirestock.com/?gclid=COzQn8yHibUCFSXNOgodziUAVw

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Maybe she knows but is willing to be a "master of the half-truth" to achieve her radical leftist agenda. ed nichols

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I suppose she accidentally forgot to mention that device has the full blessing of BATFE.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

She is a Democrat so "Liar, Liar pamts on fire"

6. steele

steele TS Member

After watching the You-tube vid, maybe she is right. I was assuming she meant the Mag-pul, extending stock. MTA-Tom was right on. Butch from Pgh.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

That stock does the same thing as bump-firing with your thumb hooked in a belt loop. It's completely legal. One of the gun shops around here that sell mostly military and black-guns, can't keep them in stock.

Wayne

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The bump fire stocks do not make an AR15 into a machinegun.

BATF definition of a machinegun is that it fires more than one bullet for each pull of the trigger.

The bump fire stock does NOT fire more than one bullet for each pull of the trigger.

What it does is push your finger off the trigger faster than you can via recoil.

That is why it is perfectly legal.

They are a hoot to fire with a .22 LR AR15 or S&W MP15-22. Cheap plinking fun.

9. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Once prices get restabalized, I have GOTTA get one of those. I watched the utube video of it and it looks like a blast.

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

They are not cheap.

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

She knows about as much as our fine Senator Durbin.

"We sent men to World War II with a five-round clip. They had to keep changing it," Durbin said. "The point was they don't need that kind of firepower. It doesn't have any reasonable connection with the Second Amendment."

Truth is we sent some Marines into the Pacific with the 1903 Springfield and the 5 round stripper clip, before we had enough M1 Garands. But the majority of our soldiers went with to battle with the M1 and an 8 round clip. Plus the BAR held 20 in the magazine. According to Durbin and Fienstein that is 10 more than is "needed."

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Found out this morning that her proposed bill excludes officials and retired officials. These Einsteins make laws for the masses but excludes the ruling class and so on. I guess they have never heard of Equal Protection of the Laws as stated in the Constitution? Again, does anyone know whether an AR15type rifle was even used at Sandy Hook? What does at the scene mean? Since I've seen no credible sources I have to wonder why we can't find an definitive information on this. They used this shooting at a call to action but is it an end around to get the AR's? AR's will be first followed by pistols. I don't trust these people. BT100dc

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

BT- It came out in another thread that the news know it alls, admitted that the AR wasn't used, and that it was left in the trunk, just like it was originally reported. I don't know what to believe anymore. They are all liars, the news is scewed to fit a certain aggenda. We just have to stick together, and help each other through all of the BS.

14. craigos

craigos Member

If the bump stocks are the concern, then work with BATF to ban them. You dont throw out the baby with the bath water.

She is just pathetic.

15. Rick Barker

Feinsteins bill, as written, bans ANY device that would acelerate the rate of fire of any semi automatic, so that would include things like the Hellfire as well.

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Make no mistake, she knows more than we'd like her to know. She's no dummy when it comes to firearms. The same can't be said for the majority of the talking heads.

Guy B.

17. Rick Barker

After the Moscone and Milk killings by Dan White with a handgun (not an assault rifle), Feinstein has wanted to ban ALL guns.

18. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

To legislate on conjecture is an outrage. The "catalyst" for this legislation i.e. Sandy Hook, is in absence of the fact that CT/GOV investigators have not released official reports and may not for at least another six months. The big jump on gun legislation is based on conjecture.
    The conjecture is that the availability of this particular gun and other guns were in some way the cause of the shooting and should be removed from the market.

Furthermore, the sessions regarding gun legislation currently underway in CT also are proceeding without the results of the investigation that is unless certain 'principles' are proceeding with the 'insider information' they have available to them which is an injustice as well.

The old adage 'A bad carpenter blames his tools.', has progressed to a new level in that now, the bad carpenter makes laws to prevent anyone from using tools.

Why are reporters and the public held to a higher standard that is, "must have the actual facts" before making any kind of statements when the all of the government has taken the incomplete facts and the misinformation of the investigation and are prematurely acting upon them? Government is acting like a run away train on gun legislation and certainly IMHO not acting in a way that is for the people.

Furthermore in the case of the Theater shooter, the murderer had cannisters of gas in his apartment as well. What if the murderer used gas cannisters or some homemade chemical mixture as a weapon?

Getting to the actual root of the problem is the key to proper legislation and prevention of these atrocities. Until then we have an absolute duty to defend ourselves and others against these attacks in whatever manner or shape in which they occur.

19. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It's amazing people will support conjecture as fact. Looked up "conjecture" in the dictionary and the word "fact" was not listed. I do not trust these people as truth rarely supports what they are actually doing to "We the People.." . We, the People, deserve much better and at the least, truth. BT100dc

20. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Yes and a simple fact or phrase like "under the influence" or "multiple drug" could make all the difference in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.