1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Fees at Ohio State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

This will be my first State shoot and I noted that OSTA is charging their normal daily fees along with ATA and then there is another OSTA administrative charge for each event. Has anyone seen this at other State shoots?

rm
  2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. Kemper

Kemper Member

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

once you have shoot there,you will not mind the extra called fee ,well forth the money ,one of the best i have ever seen
  5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Sparta gets a big fee, over ATA and State Fees also. $3.00 per event

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

MICHIGAN

FEES1. Fees – Daily Fees: A.T.A. $3.00, M.T.A. $2.00 and Home Grounds Maintenance Fee$1.00. M.T.A. Assessment: $1.50 per 100 targets.
  7. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Member

Gary glad to here from you again. We thought that maybe you had gotten stuck under your rock.

If you think this fee is unreasonable why don't you ask Walter Marvel or some of the other shooters from Delaware that regulary attend our Cardinal Center shoots? A great place to shoot and a great atmosphere.

Dave
  8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Active Member

Perhaps you could check with those other shooters and see how many of them will be at Thurmont this year instead.
  9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"it kinda makes it sound like a way to charge $29.50 a hundred"

"I don't believe I said unreasonable or anything even similiar"

Well, which is it?
  10. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Member

lets think,,,,
    Show up in a $95,000 RV,pulling your $30,000 drive around car, unload your $4000.00 golf cart, carefully set your $21,000 Kolar into gun rack, add $80.00 a flat for ammo, on said golf cart, bitch about a few $$ for a daily fee to support the sport PRICELESS!
    Dave B.
  11. zimmie

zimmie Member

I really liked the flashlights, it was a great idea, EVERYBODY could use one. Zimmie
  12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don'tlikeyourbrownings: You sound like the DA in the white house. Little class warfare on your part, huh. Maybe you want a special motorhome assesment if a shooter comes in a motorhome then you can share with all those who just drive in and put their browning in the rack.

All I saw was someone asking about it, not bitching about it.

Don
  13. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

Wow, it's like I turned over a rock. I plan on three shoots this year, all at Cardinal. I wasn't bitching about the fee, just wondering why it was only there for the one (State) shoot and not the others.
  14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gary, Who are you trying to fool?

The fees are the last thing I look at when I consider going to a shoot. Travel time, fuel, hotel rooms vs camping (if spots are available), and ammo needed far out way a service fee. The quality of the facility and who will be there is important too.

If you shoot 12 events, the service fee equals $12 to $36 depending where you go.

Some people just like to bitch and stir the pot.
  15. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have no problem with the fees, Most larger shoots have them. However it would be nice to know what they are for. I heard years ago that some were used as bonus to score keepers etc, If they are charged the reason should be posted.
  16. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Let me give you a history of the fees. Initially the fees were called relocation fees in order to have funds available for any unforseen expenses involved with the start up of the new state grounds.

Once the relocation was complete the name was changed to service fees. These fees were used to purchase the shoot off bleachers as the first order of business.

The next item purchased was the addition of 3 more banks of traps along with the voice calls scorers chairs and benches for shooters.

We then turned our attention as to what we could do for the smaller clubs that throw registerd targets to help them. Here is what we have done.

Started the rebate program where 25% of the daily OSTA fee is refunded back to the club.

Provide a $100.00 shamrock trophy package to all clubs that request them as part of their OSTA membership.

Started the champion of champions program that provides high end shamrock bags to our qualified winners at the Ohio State shoot. We have seen attendance increases of up to 100% at clubs who use this program.

Started the club team challenge where the winning team at the Ohio State shoot will get $ 200.00 per shooter and the sponsoring club will receive $ 500.00.

For all clubs we are now doing radio advertising where each club can have their shoot information announced in order to increase attendance and participation.

So there you have it a history of the relocatio,service fees. I would appreciate input from the Ohio shooters as to whether or not the OSTA is on the right track.

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Vice President
  17. perazzi03

perazzi03 TS Member

looks like to me the money is going back to the shooters,keep up the good work.
  18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

BIGDON: I never gave it a thought, if a shooter arrives in a big Motor Home why not charge him or her more money.

Oh I bet when Mike Hampton hears this it will be next on his agenda.

I am not serious but Mike Hampton would do anything for money.

When you have a shooting facility with as many vendor buildings and vendors and trophy's eating places, re-loading supplies being offered at one facility,
    and a new facility at that, great camping spaces w/shade, and shooting starting points on bank system w/cold water and shade, that is something that Sparta does not have yet.

A shooting complex close to the Interstate, Shopping and eating places such as Polaris for the women, and close to Motels and Hotels that only Sparta can dream of.

The Cardinal Center has a lot going for it. Why did the ATA double it's fees?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  19. running bear

running bear Member

Dr. Longsh?t

Thsis started out as a question about Ohio, and then you had to start bashing the ATA again. Don't you ever take a break.

Buck
  20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Talking about fees and target costs look at some of our local clubs and what they are charging, there are some at $30.00+fees and there are a lot at $20.00+
    fees that are very good places to shoot at.

There are a lot of clubs throwing $3.00 to $4.00 practice targets in my area
    and the Cardinal Center is one of them shooting on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

A small club In Sunbury has even more reasonable practice and sporting clays practice going for them, and there is always a crowd there when they shoot.

A round of 50 target sporting clays for non-members is $12.00 on Sundays.

There are clubs like Indiana Gun Club, Jaquas and Black Wing that offer guns and shooting supplies to offset costs, But Black Wing rips shooters off on their practices $9.00 is the highest in the state as far as I know.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.