1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

One of the ideas we are kicking around is to offer an added money Lewis for our ATA shoots.

The cost would be $3 per shooter and the club would add $3. It would be paid out 50/30/20 high gun based on the combined Singles and HC scores. Up to 5 classes would pay depending on attendance.

Most people are not playing the Lewis because $10 is too much, and the payouts suck when only a handful of people play. The intent is to encourage more HC shooting as our HC squads are half to two thirds of Singles. Adding a little money may spark more interest as well and increase shoot attendance.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcomed. I have a thick skin so be brutally honest.

Thanks,

Don Verna

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Honestly Don, if they are too tight to enter a $10 Lewis they are not gonna be happy about you adding $3 mandatory fees. Thats if i understood you right. I think it would also get into the sticky area of "No Mandatory purses". Just my very uneducated 2 cents.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Matt,

No, it is not mandatory. that is not permissible.

Don

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I see..... I'd be all for it but then again i play Lewis whether its $10 or $20. I do know what you mean about not many entering at small shoots. Quite often i get my money back plus .20 cents. LOL

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you can break in the 90s, likely you'll gt your money back. Then some? Luck would have something to do with that. I'm breaking 80s currently and playing the money is like giving it away. Hope there is a next year.

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

One 50/30/20 high gun purse in many cases will pay one score. That doesn't spread it out to many shooters but pays off just the high score. I wouldn't play. But at least you are thinking about it. JRM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.