1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on 682E unsingle adj rib barrells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shoot em all, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I was wondering if anyone is shooting this bbl/ about point of impact. I have the trap o/u and it is pretty much a flat shooting o/u. Would buy an unsingle with adj rib if it shoots at least 90/10. thanks jim weiner

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I have one and found out that the range of adjustment is between 50-50 to a Max of 80-20 to get 90-10 you must have a slight gap between the beads.

3. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

thanks, it will be a backup/loaner gun so may work. jim weiner

4. c_mayer

c_mayer Member

Mine shoots very well...better than the guy holding it anyway.

My pattern is in the 80/20 to 90/10 range, with a little adjustment left.

5. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Mine is at 90/10 to 100% high, 5 inches high at bench 13 yards, with at least another 25% higher adjustment available on the rib and sight picture is stacked beads. Lots of higher comb adjustment available also. The O/U barrels shoot much flatter, so much so, I set another gun up for doubles instead of changing the gun each time out.

Maltzie

6. WarEagle2017

Well you guys that are getting 90-10 and 100% Must know a lot more than the Tech's at the Beretta Facility here in maryland, I call them when i got mine and thay told me that the max with figure 8 stacked beads is 80-20 and like I said above that is what i get, to get 90-10 I have to have a gap between the beads. I think the answer is where you hold ( or point ) your gun at the target......

7. WarEagle2017

but again like everything ( or most eveything ) here on Ts.com very seldom does one get the same opinion from two or 3 different people, My advice is to call Beretta, and dont listen to ANYONE HERE including ME.

8. WarEagle2017

9. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Center to center, 2 inches high at 13 is 6 inches high at 39 yards.....about 70/30. Not considering gravity shot fall. Using a 30 inch circle as the pattern size and based on a 15 inch center aim point.... the top of the pattern is at 21", the bottom is 8 inches, or 21" divides by 30" = .70, 8" divided by 30 = .27 Or just look at the damn pattern and guess. Its not important. Your goal is to have the pattern center on the moving target with your mount and timing.

The difference between how one shooter to another places his cheek on the comb with head attitude and eye placement makes the difference in POI. Crawl the stock and realize a lower POI from the same rib/comb settings one shooter compared to the other. Crawling the stock, head and body far forward or changing the back sight while moving to the target also changes POI from shot to shot.

With my 682 ungun and a level heads up attitude mount, slightly forward balanced body position, I could get 125 to 150% high, setting the rib on the lowest mark and the comb up 3/4 inch. Your mileage may very using the same gun.

maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.