1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feed Back On Rem 1100 Comp Synthetic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dvan64683, Sep 9, 2013.

1. dvan64683

dvan64683 TS Member

I found a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic in excellent condition but before I buy it I would like so feed back from others that have shot one. One question I have is, do the 1100 Competition shoot any percentage high on the target? What set of springs do most of you use in the recoil butt stock. I know I should get a SHELL CATCHER. I never liked the guy next to me shells hitting me. Any other things I need to know? Thanks

2. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I have always been intrigued by this shotgun as well...also looking forward to some feedback from someone who has owned and/or shot one.

Does anyone know if the internals are standard Remington 1100, or are they upgraded?

bluedsteel

3. smarshall80

smarshall80 TS Member

very happy with mine, wasn't actually expecting as good of fit and finish as I got. love the recoil system. Can shoot all day with it.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I love mine as well. I am using the spring that was installed and it is the "one in the middle" as far as recoil reducing goes. I also am shooting mine with all of the washers in the raised comb, which is a little higher than I was used to. Love the lack of punishment on my shoulder with my handicap loads. The Teflon coated action bar and stainless mag tube clean up well too.

5. dvan64683

dvan64683 TS Member

Are the Jack West Stocks you have equipped with the recoil spring system same as the what is installed on the Remington Competition Synthetic? I have a friend that has a rem 1100 shooting trap. He might be interested.

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

dvan.....yes, they are exactly the same. We supply them to Remington and also sell them to shooters who wish to upgrade their existing 1100, 11-87 or 870.You can go to my website above for more info. Remington is finally realizing what the Competiton offers shooters; they sent us orders for 1600 units to be delivered over the next 12 months.

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have one---only took two year it get it!! Softest shooting shotgun I have ever shot! I shoot the same springs that came in it. Shoots so soft that I saw no need to change. There are some differences in the gun mechanics but I honestly can't say they will not interchange with s standard 1187 or 1100. It does shoot FLAT!! And that's good for me. I do wish Remington would put a rib about 3/8" higher on their competition barrels. Even my skeet friends would rather it have a higher rib. I am going to add a 3/8 rib from "Add a Rib" this fall. Stainless insides changes "cleaning" to "wiping". Great Gun!!!

Above list Jack West for $265!!! Somebody better buy that!! I promise you will like it!!!

8. dvan64683

dvan64683 TS Member

Jim, I agree the taller rib is something that was one thing I wish the Remington people would change on their competition barrels. If that is the only draw back I will live with it. I had envisioned that a gas operated auto plus a recoil system had to be extremely easy on the old shoulder, but I was looking for some who had one to verify it. Sounds like the Nickel-Teflon coating as they have posted in their overview of that model is what they says it is. I was hoping that would be a plus. I always liked easy. Ruck thanks for the feed back on your product. Thanks.

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

I have what I think is the best setup I can get with one of these. I couldn't wait for a factory version so I put one together from a Sporting 12 and 3 barrels.
    I have a 30" G3 Pro Bore barrel, 26" Skeet barrel and a Hastings 30" Hi Rib trap barrel. It probably cost as much as a lower grade O/U, but I can shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays with the same gun by just switching barrels and changing the comb height slightly. Softest shooting gun I have.

Mike
    [​IMG]

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If Jack West made a long 870 forend, I'd buy a set ASAP!...or 2...

Ron Burr

Search tags for this page
jack west 1100
jack west shotgun stocks
remington 1100 competition action bar nickel
remington 1100 high rib trap barrel

remington 1100 shell catcher

remington model 1100 synthetic stock