1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feds to challenge Arizona's immigration law

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

they just hope it gets some air time to garner votes,,,,

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This is the real Border Patrol...

[​IMG]

This is Obama's reason for the border.

[​IMG]

JMHO..

Jerbear

3. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The "stupidness of obamy" the state of Rhode Island has almost the same exact immigration law as Az already passed the supreme court a few years ago, their law is simple, they ask anyone for their papers, noone has to break the law.
    Why is obamowitz doing this? Lee

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Where are the suits against the "sanctuary cities" for violating federal immigration laws????

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Maybe I am wrong, but I was never under the impression that a state could not adopt or impose a law or penalty that was similar to a federal law. However, state and federal laws cannot be upheld if such laws violate the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. However, I fail to see where Arizona's law violates the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

Further, if I am not mistaken, all 50 states were mandated to draft and adopt laws mirroring the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act of 2007 or face the cut off of Federal Highway funding. I find it absurd that the Federal Government can now say "Arizona, you are usurping our power", when the Federal Government shoved the FMCSA down every states throat in 2007.

I would be interested to see how many and which politicians are in support of this lawsuit. Probably all of them that have high percentages of hispanic voters in their districts.

John E.

P.S. slic, you know why he is doing this, because he needs the hispanic and votes of non-caucasion voters to get a second term. By the way, I know that you know that and your questions was rhetorical in nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.