1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feds buying enough bullets for '24-year war'

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Feds buying enough bullets for

Federal, non-military agencies, noted radio host Mark Levin last week, have purchased enough ammunition recently to not only shoot every American five times, but also engage in a prolonged, domestic war.

The numbers are based on recent reports that put the total federal ammunition buy in the last 10 months at approaching two billion rounds.

“To provide some perspective,” Levin noted, “experts estimate that at the peak of the Iraq war American troops were firing around 5.5 million rounds per month. At that rate, the [Department of Homeland Security] is armed now for a 24-year Iraq war. A 24-year Iraq war!”

What do federal agencies need with all that ammunition?

The government’s only official explanation for the massive ammo buy is that law enforcement agents in the respective agencies need the bullets for “mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions.”

The staggering number and lack of details in the official explanation, however, has led to rampant speculation, including concerns the DHS is arming itself to fight off insurrection among Americans.

“I’m going to tell you what I think is going on,” Levin offered. “I don’t think domestic insurrection. Law enforcement and national security agencies, they play out multiple scenarios. … I’ll tell you what I think they’re simulating: the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses.

“I suspect that just in case our fiscal situation, our monetary situation, collapses, and following it the civil society collapses, that is the rule of law, they want to be prepared,” Levin said. “I know why the government’s arming up: It’s not because there’s going to be an insurrection; it’s because our society is unraveling.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/feds-buying-enough-bullets-for-24-year-war/#tQhpMSr4wxwUB2Oo.99

2. EEB

EEB Member

I don't totally disagree with the official explanation, but I believe it's more a case of the government buying up ammo to keep it out of the hands of citizens. FNMA buys $4 billion in mortgages everyday to keep rates down and facilitate market liquidity, so it stands to reason the Feds would buy up all the bullets. The government interferes in markets all the time to promote the social or financial policy du jour.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

There are you-tube videos and written articles all over the place; shooting themselves in the hand or leg, shooting innocents,500 rounds fired off at a perp with a revolver stuck in his pants... I don't think 5 billion rounds is the answer. The feds need to be on the show "Hoarders"

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

It is simply cheaper to buy in large volume. Mark Levin is engaging in "sensationalism", fear mongering.

Bulge, turn the channel to "Finding Bigfoot" , you will see more credibility.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Click.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep, HOARDERS why does government need a 100 year supply?????

Hollow points at that!!!

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You will have to be pretty damn quick to avoid RPG's, Rockets, and Bombs. Kind of true about the deadlier part also. LOL. There just playing with ya!

Do you really think you could fight them off for 24 years?

8. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

"It is simply cheaper to buy in large volume. Mark Levin is engaging in "sensationalism", fear mongering.

Bulge, turn the channel to "Finding Bigfoot" , you will see more credibility."

Johnny,

You make Levin sound like he's the irresponsible editor of a NY scandal sheet.

You are so wrong. Mark Levin is a Philadelphia Constitutional lawyer who has spent the past 30 + years studying and protecting the US Constitution and the people's rights there in. Levin takes his work very seriously and has an exceptional intellect and the documents and expertise to prove it.

Levin has access to some of the most brilliant minds in the US who confer with him regularly.

What do you have?

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Johnny?????

barrelbulge_2008_210889.jpg

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Large volume??!! 1.6 BILLION rounds??!!!!! Give me a freakin break! Anybody who doesn't smell a rat here is drinking Obama's kool-aid!

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

numbers are 70,000 federal law enforcement going through FLETC each year for annual training plus new academy classes, Border Patrol, Customs & Border Protection, ICE and the Coast Guard adds another 20,000 plus, that comes to over five years if there is no reserve what-so-ever and there is absolutely no delays in taking possession of ammo orders to 3000 bullets give or take per officer each year. Now go ahead and put in manufacturing delays, reserve count, and yes, the Coast Guard uses a lot of ammo overseas... That number goes way down. Between pistol quals and rifle quals that is a minimum of 400 rounds per agent each year not counting any extra training rounds.

I think many ccw shooters on this site easily shoot a thousand rounds or more a year, at least I would think so for all of the bragging that goes on about how "they can shoot better than any LEO they have met..." So yal, maybe my math is off a bit, but not by much, not enough for a reasonable person to believe the feds are stock piling for a '24' year war...

I don't smell a rat and I am not drinking any kool-aid. How many bullets do you think LAPD, Chicago, and NYC go through each year?

12. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

If they cannot get your guns they will make sure you8 do not have anything to shoot in them Ask pelosi or feinstein and see what they tell you I understand the one from calif carries one anyhow

Duckeye

13. rpeerless

http://www.exposeobama.com/2013/02/19/obamas-cdc-has-stackable-coffins-ready/

14. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Stifilyn,

Will you still deny and make excuses when someone from the government(who will tell you he is here to help)puts his foot through your door and demands the guns you claim to possess?

Let me guess. Of course you will. I would imagine the nice man from the government will promise to give them back soon, and fix the door too.

Dope

15. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

The future looks bright for .40's and 5.56's. Everybody should have at least one of each. Rich

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I am starting to think they know something we don't and are preparing for a CATACLYSMIC EVENT.....one can only hypothesize: another meteor coming?..do the terrorists have biological/chemical weapons obtained from Syria?...nukes from Korea to Iran to terrorists?....

Concern is turning into suspicion.....let's hope we are wrong....

17. thunder

thunder Active Member

Only three things can cause the country to buy this much ammo.

1. Cause a shortage so prices go up and civilians can't purchase ammo.

2. Hugh concerns of total civilian unrest (country split 50/50). In my lifetime
    I have never felt so much uneasiness in this country.

3. Fear that a World War is inevitable.

Think back in history when the last time America's economy was this bad and the rest of the world is worst. Also when two countries decided that they could take over the world. Hope I'm wrong but sure looks like a repeat in history is coming soon with Iran, Korea and Muslin Extremists. Only thing to get us out of this bad world economy is another World War and we have a President that wants a third term. What got us out of the Great Depression, it wasn't Roosevelt policies, it was World War II and our greatest generation.

18. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

DHS Supplier Provides Shooting Targets of American Gun Owners

A provider of “realistic” shooting targets to the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies has created a line of “non-traditional threat” targets that include pregnant women, mothers in playgrounds and elderly American gun owners.

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. is a 21-year designer and full service provider of training targets for the DHS, the Justice Department and thousands of law enforcement agencies throughout the country.

and another:

Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice?
    What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting an (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Nothing to see here, move along...

19. thunder

thunder Active Member

Tinman88 I hope you are incorrect with this scenario, the last time a government on our soil killed our women and children was the British during the American Revolution. It outraged the citizens of this country. We all know how that went with a armed America.

20. rpeerless

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-supplier-provides-shooting-targets-of-american-gun-owners

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.