1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fedex Insurance Claim??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ok, now comes the fun part. I shipped a loader earlier this week via fedex, only to find out today it was delievered in shambles. Box completely torn apart, parts missing and damaged. Any suggestions on how to handle filing a claim. This'll be the first time i've had to file a claim for any shipment i've made, and want to know the easy way to go about it.

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Based on past experience, they will tell you it "wasn't properly packaged" and deny your claim. Your results may vary. I wish you better luck.

Bob

3. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

"they will tell you it "wasn't properly packaged" and deny your claim."

You got that right. Both them and UPS.

You need to contact them by phone, tell them about the claim. They will send an adjuster out. He probably will make the above finding.

Then you just have to raise Caine with them until they pay the claim. If you don't have an account with them, you will have a hard time.

If you took it to a depot, make sure to note that their agent accepted it. The depot agents are supposed to check for packaging, so if they accepted it, you are in much better shape.

4. skeet_man

Just spoke w/ fedex, claim forms are on the way, and they are going to pick up the press et al tuesday, then inspect it, then send it back to me. The gentleman that bought the press said he thought it may have been run over by a forklift. Of all, the thing that amazes me most is the screw in the charge bar is missing, which would have had to been removed, since it isn't going to unscrew itself. The guy said he was 8 ft from the door, and by them time he was able to get up and open the door, the driver was back in the truck and driving away. Here are some pics:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

It looks like the damage shouldn't be too hard to repair and the missing parts too hard to replace, but hopefully Fedex will cover the associated costs. Kinda glad this happened to a $300 press before I tried sending my Kolar through them!!

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

something smells fishy

Tron?

PS -- I have had only a couple of fedex claims over the years-- and they appoligized and paid promptly

6. skeet_man

BTW, all the tape in those pics was not there when it left me. There is probably 1/2lb extra LOL

7. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I have gone through this several times when I was in business. I was very fortunate that my wife was a lawyer. She would write UPS on her letter head that either they would pay the claim or a law suit would be filed. Gave them a deadline and they paid every time. Now when they did call, they would tell me that it would cost me more to hire a lawyer than I would get. I agreed with them and said that did not matter. I got my check within a week every time.
    This may or may not help you, but it works. Nubs Wagner.

8. skeet_man

certainly not tron, and try to tell the guy that got the press this is fishy LOL. Hope fedex makes it right.

9. skeet_man

Nubs- Thanks for the info. I'd be more than willing to go to small claims court if it comes to it, i can be a spiteful guy LOL.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

the problem I see with the packing is that there didnt appear to be any material to keep the press from moving around

that must might be the views that were presented

lets see what FEDEX does

hope for the best

Gene

PS- UPS here denies every claim initially

11. skeet_man

Gene- The pictures don't show it well, but in the 4th, you can barely see some of the paper i used. I put a half dozen or so LARGE (halfway b/w softball and soccerball size) wads of red rosin flooring paper in there. I stuffed as much in as I could w/ out making the package bulge.

12. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

I just had a claim with fedex involving a set of k-80 barrels. It was painless and they paid promptly. Good company to work with.

Bill

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not packaged properly? They didn't refuse to take your money for shipping and some for insurance when you took to to be shipped now did they?

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had a UPS man carry in a package one time that was smoking.

Turned out an alarm system battery (with both terminals on one end) had something else made of metal contact the terminals.

A pretty exciting few minutes. Needless to say everything in the shipment was ruined when we put the hose to it.

I got the shipment redone, don't know who paid for it.

HM

15. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

HM,

WOW, I never thought of a battery moving around in a box and making conact with a piece of steel!! I've never shipped a battery, but could see that happening. You "could" end up burning up the shippers truck...and everyone's "trapguns"

Thanks for that little tidbit.

Doug

16. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Your loader is screwed. Yes you can do this and that but its like a car. Once that much damnage has been done just buy another one. It looks to me that to much is out of whack. To get it back in place is going to be hard and it will never be right. Make them pay for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.