1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FedEx Delivery

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Posted on Drudge...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKUDTPbDhnA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video of monitor being "delivered". The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Posted on Drudge...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKUDTPbDhnA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video of monitor being "delivered". The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken.

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

nice fence

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

what was that? a 25" samsung?

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We get lots of deliveries, seldom a problem with UPS or USPS, but continuously with Fed Ex, I tell all of our suppliers not to use them but some still do

6. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

I hope you sent that video to FedEx. Chances are they will pay for it.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

why not just go out and buy a 25" samsung at wal mart for $269 like the rest of the 99%?

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think the gated fence answers that question. I don't think he wants to deal with the 99% of us. LOL. Just saying.

He should have at least rang the doorbell to let you know your package has arrived. Jon

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have shipped and received guns, very high end acoustic guitars, fine fountain pens and antique fishing lures. I have never had a single problem with the United States Postal Department, but have had nothing but headaches from Fedex! Broken items, lost items, items delivered to someone else's house, and once I had to drive an hour and a half to pick up a guitar worth several thousand dollars because the driver could not find my house! Martinpicker

10. Stl Flyn

Ah, your sign-on name suddenly makes sense. Jon

11. Stl Flyn

I kind of agree with her, I think, maybe, I don't know.

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

looks to me like he just tossed it to the fenceowner on the other side of the fence. if the fenceowner dropped it, it's not the fedex drivers problem. good luck with it

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

unless he's a lowes employee delivering to a muslim, right?

14. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Amusing if real. I am the opposite of the posters above. Lots of problems with lost/damaged/destroyed packages using UPS and fewer with USPS, though they did take a month to deliver some rare wine to a friend of mine. And no problems with Fedex. Go figure.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I agree with Avaldes. When I ship something fragile/costly for work the Traffic Mgr always says "OK, then NO UPS." We have a few customers who forbid us from using UPS too.

-Gary

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Watch with the muslim line or you will get wacked like I did!

Oscar

17. Stl Flyn

The video is now viral.

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the FedEX guy has some reason for not driving into your property. Is it foreboding? Have "Dog" sign? Have a bad taste because you have said something int the past? Something is amiss and is anothe piece of the story. Too, that monitor should have survived that fall. We need more story Joe.

I get UPS, USPS, AND FedEx all the time. Adn have no problems with any of the drivers/services. but I make it a point to treat them all as friends and get like treatment in return.

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let me rephrase my above statement... with this question. Have any of you had any problems with the packaging when receiving a delivery from me?

I use mostly virgin packing matls, process computer generated labels, use bar codes on my addresses withe the USPS, protect the contents from chafing and moving around in the outer box (mostly).

Usually I get compliments on what goes out of here. I did run out of time when I sent two new cases out last week in their original packaging... I will not do that again.

But packing matters. Labels matter. relationships matter.

20. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I just had my first bad experience with the USPS. I shipped a rifle to NM. I had it in bubble wrapped, inside a Plano plastic case in a box stuffed with newspaper and had fragle stamped on the box. By the time it arrived the gun had been dropped on its end. The case was shattered and the stock had 3 chips of wood off of it. I did have it insured so I guess I will see how the process plays out. Hoosier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fed ex trap door