1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fedex Delivered This Package......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bluzman98, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

This package only had to travel from Miami to West Palm Beach. All the packaging was gone, but the item was undamaged. Have to wonder what story that box would tell......

Jim C

bluzman98_2008_030312.jpg

bluzman98_2008_030313.jpg

bluzman98_2008_030314.jpg

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

So what's the problem? just kidding. I'd be less than impressed.

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Looks like inadequate packaging to me.

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

The shipper had filled the box with packing peanuts. I sent him the photos and he was shocked to say the least. Once Fedex ripped the box open, the peanuts fell out.

Jim C

5. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Before this, Fedex delivered a $3,500 guitar to me in a box that was sopping wet. I opened the box and water ran out. The driver had told me that he box had been left out on the dock in the rain. Fortunately the box condition was noted and no problems arose during the claim process.

However, the box above was delivered as if it were in perfect condition. I had to ask the Fedex delivery person twice to mark the package as damaged.

Jim C

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

meister...

That's funny. Gotta wonder how it made from China to the US but couldn't survive the trip from Miami to West Palm Beach though.

Jim C

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"Looks like inadequate packaging to me." Amen.

How much did the contents weigh, and how much did those contents take up inside the box compared to the peanuts? Therein lies the problem. If you expect miracles, they usually don't happen. LOL

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

I've only had to go through one claim for damage after buying and trading stuff now going on 12 years. It was through Fedex, and they were horrible to try and deal with. The funny thing is, at first they denied the claim for damage on a Browning 42, and when I called back to dispute the claim, they told me that it had got processed, but they needed the correct address to mail the check to after mailing it to the local shop that had shipped it for me.

9. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Might be because the disgruntled Fed Ex employee just really did not like the USPS. From looking at the old USPS shipping label on the outside of the box he got a twitch and well you see the results.

Now that's pride in the company that you work for.

10. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Do not be disappointed that is only a slightly delivered package from FEDEX.
    5 & 6 years ago Insured it for full amount,I received total trash & declared
    what I was shipping, They marked it accordingly, found all kinds of issues,
    they packed it and knew what was in each unit. They never paid, our family
    each are running three business ever shipped again in 5 years.
    Fraz

11. 100straight

100straight Member

I had a similar incident with FedEx about 10 years ago. It was a Hornady 366 reloader shipped in the original box and well packed. They totally destroyed it. The box even had a tire track across it. They left it on my front porch while I wasn't home. It was insured, and I took pictures and sent them in, as well as several hours on the phone explaining the problem. They refused to do anything, not even send a person to discuss a claim. I was told it was improper packaging. I've never used them since. I guess the $300 they saved on the claim was worth the several thousand dollars they've lost in business from me since.

Mark

12. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

USPS is horrible. I just shipped a package across town in Pa 30 miles via priority mail. Should have been delivered Wed. It is now in Iowa.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That box is jsut the box that comes across the pond stacked on a pallet, shrunk wrapped and corner protected. the pallet goes into a prefessional warehouse here in the states and then distributed as a pallet load to the store that ordered the units. It goes to the store, a person buys it in that contaiiner not intended for individual FedEx or UPS or USPS mail shipments and ships it as a stand alone item. It was never intended to be a FedEx (or other) shipper. Adn that is pretty much the standard for all containerized shipment packaging.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Looks pretty good, actually. Three family members worked at the local FedEx distribution center here. Anyone who thinks FedEx is careful with packages doesn't understand the quota system for how many packages the workers have to process an hour or filling the sowbelly trailers. Some pretty interesting BBQ discussions about freight damage, that's for sure.

My advice is wrap your package as if a semi-truck tire, a barbell set or a Nordic Track is going to be "set" on top of it. Some companies ship bar stock, and I don't mean barrel blanks or small diameter stuff.

15. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

What is ironic in todays culture is everyone wants what they order the same day and in some cases the day before. UPS and Fed Ex have done everything humanly possible to keep the in transit times at a bare minimum. Which means packages are sorted loaded and sent to the next sort in record times. They do not each have a trailer of their own for the trekk across country and not everyone that places and order has their package ride in the front seat of the semi instead of the trailer it is pulling. When everyone expects things the next day or in two this is a byproduct of hurry,hurry,hurry. This package had zero packing and the box is not even rated for the amount of weight in it to begin with. It may very well have been on the bottom row of a full trailer of packages as well. Then add in a truck rolling 70 miles an hour across our nice "smooth" interstates for hours on end until the trailer reaches the next sort and the box gets handled a couple more times by sorters in an extreme hurry. Then it goes on another trailer and is heading across country again. Some people should be required to know a little about something before making some of the statements on these threads. This package is not packed right and is not in the correct box for what is in it. It is NOT the Fed Ex or UPS drivers fault. If you care about how a package arrives you pack it right to begin with.

16. Darryle

Darryle Slacker TS Supporters

They had a little problem on the way to your house:

A FedEx truck overturned along westbound Loop 820 near Beach Street in Fort Worth Friday morning.

Traffic, which is normally slow in the area, is reduced to passing on the shoulder.

The truck, which was carrying 11,000 pounds of mail, will have to be unloaded before the truck can be turned upright. A second truck arrived before 9 a.m. and workers were spotted moving mail from the crashed truck to the new one.

At about 10 a.m., the scene was cleared and all lanes reopened.

There were no injuries reported in connection with the crash, the cause of which is under investigation.

[​IMG]

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Whoever shipped that box to you should have had enough sense to put it in a normal corrugated carton. I would singe their ears.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.