1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal's TOP GUN SUBSONIC TARGET low recoil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by roger8918, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Has anyone tried these low recoil shells and if so could you please share your experience? I'm considering using these for our Youth Trapshooting Program.

Gauge = 12
    Muzzle Velocity = 900
    DRAM EQUIV. = 1.6
    Shot Wgt. = 1 1/8
    Shot Size = 7.5

Click the link above for Federals site for additional information.
  2. BMC

BMC Member

Oct 12, 2006
    I've used them and a similar load from Winchester with my metro on the 16 yard line just for fun. They are fine on straightaways but you will get frustrated trying to find the sweet spot for the angles and hard lefts and rights. I'd say you will probably achieve the same goal you are looking for with a low recoil 1150 1 oz load and the kids will hit more targets. Just my opinion.
  3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Federal makes a real nice 1180fps 1 oz load. This is a very soft shooting shell and absolutly destroys targets.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Coral Springs, Florida
    They're fine for a beginner. In the average 12 ga gun you think you're shooting a .22 rifle. In our youth program we provide 20 ga pump guns for the beginners to use. As they progress in skill level they move up to 12ga guns. We have 10-12yo shooting 12 ga guns with standard trap loads with no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal low recoil sub sonic

federal top gun low recoil

federal top gun subsonic