1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federals down to $20.97 for a 4 pack at Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vatrap, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

Went to WalMart Saturday to buy the usual bs and checked in the sporting good department while I was there for 20 gauge shells for the girlfriend's gun.
    There was a sign on the rack and Federal 4 packs were back down to $20.97.
    Don't know if it's local or national.

Mike

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

They were marked down in Dallas area also, but they only had 2 of the 4 packs. I bought them both. They said they had no idea if there would be any more. Two of our walmarts have stoped selling ammo all together. We used to be able to buy ammo in at least one store in every neighborhood, and drugs were rare, and crime was low. Now you can get crack cocaine on every block, and ammo is hard to get. Someone stole my country while I was busy at work.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Mike nothing with Wal-Mart is nation wide when it come to product pricing. The warehouse that supplies the store in your local area are more likely to control the prices you are seeing.

If Wal-Mart orders more 4 packs from Federal they are shipped to the home distribution center then sent the warehouses that reorder from the home office. Those that are out of stock get them first and redistribute at the reduced price if there is a reduced price. If there is a price increase they also are the first to increase prices.

Bob Lawless

4. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Sorry Bob,

Having spent a number of years as a warehouse manager for Wal*Mart I can tell you that ammo does not run through their distribution centers.

It (and many other items too) are shipped directly to the stores from the manufacturer.

But you are correct in that nothing in Wal*Mart is nation wide. The store managers as well as regional managers have a great say in the products they carry (or don't). It is primarily based on how many turns an item is capable of generating for the shelf space it takes up. Bottom line is if that space can move more of some other item (turn over) and that generates more dollars in sales, they adjust their inventory.

Some trade areas support ammo sales, others find they can make more fishing gear, etc.

On another note, I now live in a small town (pop. 7,000) that is also a tourist destination. Due to the millions of visitors a year they have recently added a second Wal*Mart. I find the "mix" of products just across town to be significantly different. One is geared for the visiting tourists and the second, a Super Center, more for the local market.

Also interesting, the prices on many items (non groceries) in the Super Center can be a buck more per item.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

trapdady

"Having spent a number of years as a warehouse manager for Wal*Mart I can tell you that ammo does not run through their distribution centers."

Sorry dady as a ICS associate for five years I have seen 4 pack coming right off the Wal-Mart trucks from the warehouse in New York I can't remember the town in New York. They used to supply most of New England. Now I believe that there is another in Maine.

I have personally taken them right from the truck to the floor to be stocked on the shelves. That store doesn't even sell them any more.

Bob Lawless

6. shootsome

shootsome Member

They were marked down to $20.97 in Michigan, too.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I noticed the fed party packs priced drop here also, massachusetts. It is if they have any or not. Who how and what is stocked for fishing/hunting stuff at my area walmarts is beyound me. There are 2 that are surrounded by 5 clubs that shoot a lot of 5 stand sporting and trap

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Last week I bought for that price in the Walmart in Champaign, IL. It's a couple dollars off what they were at. Dan

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The Southtown Walmart in Fort Wayne has them marked down. All they had on sale was 3 dram 1-1/8 #8. Wayne

10. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

is the 20.97 with or with out tax any info on colorado wallyworlds geo 3

11. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

$20.97 at Wal-mart in Chino----So. Cal

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

$20.97 plus tax

13. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

LEO, I don't know you,but you sound like a wise man. The part about stealing the country,is too true.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.