1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Top Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by white rattler, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Does anyone know if Federal has quit making the Top Gun line? I shot a few flats of them from the 27 yard line and they broke the target ok. And I think the 1oz load worked great on singles and first shot of doubles. Trevor Dawe.

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

look up cacassociates.com they have cheap top guns 50.50 a flat

3. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Sutherlands (like a smaller Home Depot) carries them in stock around here for about $5.89 per box.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Trevor,

I thought you were a "died in the wool" AA shooter. What's up?
    Glad to see you made it to the winter home.

Rick

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

tuscarora 99 your link is incorrect. The price you mentioned is good. I would like to contact them. Jake

6. white rattler

white rattler Member

Rick, I think the STS Rem. is the best shell on the market. But living in Alberta I shoot what I can get. I buy a pallet at a time. In the last few years no one brought any Rem into Alberta. And you are right for years I shot with the Win. Rep. and he made sure I had the shells I needed. But he has lost interest and is not shooting much anymore. The Calgary Gun Club brought a large load of Win. last spring so that is what I was shooting. Trevor Dawe.

7. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

just look up CAC Associates on google and click the link that says welcome. It should be the first one.

8. IM390

IM390 Member

Walmart is still selling them in the bulk packs. Federal has been cutting down production in the fall at this time, but there are plenty of dealers still selling them.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For our friends in Canada, the Challenger shell is a good one, if still available.

As far as the Top Gun, I do not shoot factory shotshells, but I do snag the hulls whenever I can. They are quite popular in my area.

Alliant has the contract for the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. That comes first. It is the largest metallic ammunition plant for producing 5.56mm-20 mm ammo in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.