1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal top gun ammo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Are these shells any good? It is all you can get around here except the Federal 4 packs

2. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

That all I shoot out of my K-80 trap special. No problems shoot great. 2 3/4 gram #8's for 16 yd and 3 gram # 7 1/2's for handi-cap. #8's for doubles.

Bruce

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I think the Top gun ammo is as good as the rest. If it go's off and no cold weather problems why not use them.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it's a step above Estates, Rios and way above Remington Gun Clubs.

Doesn't leave any unburned powder in the gun like the Remington Gun Clubs do.

1 oz #8's for singles work just fine if you do your part. It's the only thing the wife shoots.

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I am told that Top Guns and Estates are the exact same shell. In fact there have been guys on this site who have reported opening a box of Estates to find top Gun shells inside. That being said, I have gone through ten flats of Estates and at least that meny flats of the pink and/or red,white and blue Top Guns this past year. I don't remember a single misfire and they did their job when I did mine. Jack

6. jkh171

jkh171 TS Member

not bad ammo, but if you are shooting for trophies or money and every target counts mail order some gold medal from a supplier, it is absolutely the best.
    Jim

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Did the Blue Ones shoot straight?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

As stated above the best deal on ammo this year will be Federal Gold Medals. $20 rebate, saleable and reloadable empties and high performance shell!!

9. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Those DAMN SHELLS miss just as good as the best AA'S But it's the ammo's fault!!! LOL

Chuck

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

A real side benefit of the Top Gun is the red, white and blue shells are dedicated to The Wounded Warrior Foundation. Each sale Federal will donate to The Wounded Warriors Foundation. The pink shells have a Breast Cancer benefit paid by Federal. These shells are only loaded 2 3/4 1 1/8 of 8 s. In any case, the Federal Top Gun is a pretty good economy load.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

ran 200 with the Pink top guns. no complaints here...

12. nords

nords Member

I shot a 91 with the pinks, with a "Tough Enough" to shoot pink Federal T-shirt on. My wife said after, "I wasn't tough enough"! Wasn't the shells. Best eco shells in 1145, don't like the 1200's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.